Multi CD Changer - Won't Eject?

On my 06 plate Cayman S it has the OE multi CD changer mounted in the frunk next to the sat nav CD unit.

When I first got the car and discovered the multi changer I pressed eject to see if there were any CD's left in the cassette and to just try buttons, like you do on a new car, the cassette ejected fine, no CD's.  However, since pushing the cassette back in it has failed to eject again ever since after trying on a few occasions.  I haven't checked the fuse yet to see if for some reason that has blown but wondered if there were any other things others have experienced or if there is another manual release to get it to eject?  I have tried pushing the cassette in to see if it springs back out but just seems snugly and squarely and happily located where it should be, just the eject button doesn't have any effect?

Does sound like it has lost power, so check the cables attached to it and the fuse.

Fuse box is the plastic panel next to the accelerator pedal, there is a diagram in the lid.

My 12v socket fuse had blown, I only found out when I tried to use a USB charger in it, replaced it and it worked.

Edited by GlosRich
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, GlosRich said:

Does sound like it has lost power, so check the cables attached to it and the fuse.

Fuse box is the plastic panel next to the accelerator pedal, there is a diagram in the lid.

My 12v socket fuse had blown, I only found out when I tried to use a USB charger in it, replaced it and it worked.

I'll have a look, probably should have checked before asking here really!  Spent too much of yesterday cleaning and then driving it to do jobs as well.  Its a bit of a pain in the butt that the garage is too narrow to sensibly do anything on the car inside and a pain moving other cars just to drop it out as well as not wanting to start it just to move it in and out of the garage.  I could roll it out but would struggle to push it back in again!  First world problems :35_thinking: