987.1 SPP Stereo Upgrade Bass Distortion

I installed an aftermarket Android head unit in a 2007 Cayman. I have the SPP upgrade, but no Bose. I realized I had not hooked the amp signal wire (black/red) to the new stereo. It was a while back that I installed the stereo and have just been going without the bass from the door speakers. Fast forward to current, and I go back to hook up the amp wire to the new head unit. Splice into it and plug the Android head unit back in. Terrible distortion from the bass speakers. Try to plug the factory CDR24 head unit back in and the same thing. The bass was definitely working before I installed the new Android system. So, my question is, is the issue the amp, the speakers, or something else. Youtube video is the sound coming from the factory system w/ the Bass set to +2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://youtu.be/UUDbxYP5Wro

Does sound like something is blown, could the Android system be wired slightly differently and caused issue for the Amp / Speakers?

Possibly, but even plugging the stock radio back in causes the same issue.  The only wire I spliced was the black/red amp wire.  Everything else is plugged in via a supplied harness that retains the stock harnesses.

Well could be the replacement headunit cocked up the AMP so even with the stock unit back in it will still be buggered. 

When you say Aftermarket Andriod, was it a well known brand like Pioneer, Alpine, JVC etc etc... or an eBay china jobbie?

I know some people have had results with the china units, but I also know others who have suffered from them, mainly in VAG group cars which have electrical gremlins at the best of times. 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Well could be the replacement headunit cocked up the AMP so even with the stock unit back in it will still be buggered. 

When you say Aftermarket Andriod, was it a well known brand like Pioneer, Alpine, JVC etc etc... or an eBay china jobbie?

I know some people have had results with the china units, but I also know others who have suffered from them, mainly in VAG group cars which have electrical gremlins at the best of times. 

It was one of the Chinese units.  Company called Xtrons.  From my research when looking they seemed to have fairly good reviews.  I'm mostly just trying to figure out if I just need to replace the amp, or whether the speakers are the issue, or both.

Can you bypass the amp using the stock headunit?

You know the stock headunit is working as it should, that way you will see if the speakers still hold volumn without being powered by the amp. 

I'd stay well clear of any china units, go with a well-known audio manufacturer who know their stuff, rather than a company rebranding and pumping out cheap equipment.