AOS Replaced but Still Oily Intake Pipes

Spykee

I replaced my AOS in lockdown and have only done a few thousand miles since. I'm currently fitting a new exhaust and while installing the vacuum pipes I decided to take a look at the pipe feeding off the AOS to the inlet plenum...and its still passing quite a bit of oil! Any ideas what to look at for the source of the problem causing this? The AOS was brand new and OEM so it leads me to believe its likely to now be something else.

I would guess you changed the AOS because of smoke/oil use ? if so has that issue been fixed now ? some oil in the lines is to be expected under normal use ,some AOS failures soak the entire intake system requiring cleaning or long drive time . lastly some new AOS have been know to be faulty .

On 19/02/2022 at 18:17, extanker said:

I would guess you changed the AOS because of smoke/oil use ? if so has that issue been fixed now ? some oil in the lines is to be expected under normal use ,some AOS failures soak the entire intake system requiring cleaning or long drive time . lastly some new AOS have been know to be faulty .

I had a little bit of smoke on start up but nothing concerning and most likely water vapour and have had some oil use. I've driven the car enough since changing to know its had a decent enough drive but they will have been under quite hard driving conditions rather than motorway/highway miles. Maybe I needed to take it all apart and clean out the intakes and plenum? It could be a faulty AOS but I get zero smoke on start up unless its cold outside so what would the other options be to look at?