Vauxhall Corsa VXR Recaro seats install

Interesting option, what made you go for them over any others?

I'm guessing the width played a large part. 

Will the airbags etc be connected up? 

Hi Andy, they're a fantastic seat based on the Recaro CS. A piar came up at the right price, so I gave them a go and they fit beautifully. I did some slight modifications to the plastic structure beneath the carpets to allow me to use the standard seat reclining knob.

I should be able to wire the belt pretensioners and airbags in also. Need to check resistances first. Then look at making up a harness. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting choice of seat! I used to have a Corsa VXR many moons ago and have to admit that the Recaro’s were the best feature of the car! They looks well in the Cayman. Great effort 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 05/05/2022 at 23:54, trialsstar3 said:

Thanks man, yeah I think they're perfect for the Cayman. Such a great seat, will post some more pics when I've retrimmed them in something cool...

That looks great, I don't suppose you have a template or drawings? Really keen to fit some to mine. Cheers Jack

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nasher76 said:

That looks great, I don't suppose you have a template or drawings? Really keen to fit some to mine. Cheers Jack

Hi Jack, thanks 👍

I was planning to draw them up and laser cut if you're interested in a set? Or if you're planning to make some by hand I could take some paper templates and post them to you? 

2 minutes ago, trialsstar3 said:

Hi Jack, thanks 👍

I was planning to draw them up and laser cut if you're interested in a set? Or if you're planning to make some by hand I could take some paper templates and post them to you? 

I would definitely buy a set for 2 seats. Do the vxr seats fit lower or similar to Porsche sports seats? Cheers 

7 minutes ago, Nasher76 said:

I would definitely buy a set for 2 seats. Do the vxr seats fit lower or similar to Porsche sports seats? Cheers 

I think at the lowest setting they're a touch lower, however I don't have them all the way down day to day. How tall are you? 

Hi, I am 6.1ft about 33 in the leg (so slightly longer in torso!)

Mild steel would be fine.

I have saved a few seats for sale is it best going for non airbag ones.

I am not in super rush however would like to do it as a winter / spring 23 project ready for next summer.

Cheers for the inspiration!

• Like 1

On 26/08/2022 at 18:57, Nasher76 said:

Hi, I am 6.1ft about 33 in the leg (so slightly longer in torso!)

Mild steel would be fine.

I have saved a few seats for sale is it best going for non airbag ones.

I am not in super rush however would like to do it as a winter / spring 23 project ready for next summer.

Cheers for the inspiration

I've not seen a set without the airbags! If they do them that would probably give you some more room at the back.

20220830_220535.jpg.ee84a8a523834f9f9459c76ffc932bfc.jpg

So I've taken a measurement from the rear of the seat where it meets the base (base of spine type position) to where the center console plastic ends on the 'transmission tunnel'20220830_221112.jpg.90e0f16282e837792ee07446129032d3.jpg

My closest seat position is 720mm and my furthest away is 770mm

You should be able to get an idea if this will be enough for you by measuring you're 'seat corner' forward to this 'datum' point.