Coding Out Hill Assist/hillstart

zepper

Hello all,

Has anyone been able to deactivate their Hill Assist or Hill Start through the PSM on their 987.2?

A fellow rennlister who has a different generation Cayman tried to help me using the piwis3 this evening but we were unsuccessful in finding the correct menu or module to deactivate hill start assist.

The background is that I have a very steep driveway and I'm concerned that it takes too high of revs when letting out the clutch to release the hill start. The 987 has a handbrake and I'm more than comfortable just using that.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated- thanks much.

I can't comment on the coding, but hill assist uses the ABS pump to apply the brakes - it may be coded in the ABS module.

However, once you generate enough forward momentum, it should release the brakes.  It shouldn't take a lot of RPM to do this, or am I missing something?

It takes a lot of revs to break it free. Very steep driveway, manual transmission. 

We'll try to look at the abs module more closely.

Edited by zepper

Less revs and more clutch?  I would be surprised if the hill assist can stall the engine.

I still don't understand how this is a problem that needs fixing...

On 24/10/2023 at 06:01, Aaron said:

Less revs and more clutch?  I would be surprised if the hill assist can stall the engine.

I still don't understand how this is a problem that needs fixing...

Let me guess you have a pdk😆

It absolutely will stall the engine without enough revs.

3 hours ago, zepper said:

Let me guess you have a pdk😆

It absolutely will stall the engine without enough revs.

I'm on the wrong side of the pond for you to think that's relevant to why you cannot use hill assist and set off effectively.  I drive a PDK so I must know nothing about driving a manual with hill assist.  The sheer audacity of me.

I shan't trouble you any longer; good luck to you on your coding endeavour.

20 hours ago, Aaron said:

I'm on the wrong side of the pond for you to think that's relevant to why you cannot use hill assist and set off effectively.  I drive a PDK so I must know nothing about driving a manual with hill assist.  The sheer audacity of me.

I shan't trouble you any longer; good luck to you on your coding endeavour.

Thank you, I'm always glad that when the party who is ignorant to the solution finally decides to bow out instead of continually arguing with the original poster about the reasons why they are looking for a particular solution.