Bye Bye

markbarry1977

Well not literally, but unfortunately the time has come to say goodbye to Carmen the Cayman. After being stung with a couple of big bills and the recent minor showing up another 2k worth of work required I decided she had to go. That and I have been keeping an eye on her oil consumption and recently I have been putting a litre in for around 600 miles I decided I don't want the cost. Tyres are 3mm all round and she is nearly at 60k miles in the original AOS, original clutch, water pump is making a whiney noise I just didn't want to plough more money into what is a 10 year old car. To that end I traded it in for a brand new m135i with every option ticked. Pre reg with 4 miles on the clock for £29k. 

I know now I might regret it but the thought of a rebuild and the increased rate of high bills has led me to starting to worry about it. 

Oh oh and I will have a full set of zunsport front x3  and rear grills x2 for sale if anybody is interested.  front centre one has never even been fitted. 

Understandable to get rid, as I did with my 2003 E46 330ci cab at 125k miles when things started needing replacing. Never used any oil though, just suspension parts wearing. Body still sound after 11 years. I loved that car. Very similar to drive to the 981 strangely.

But after nine BMWs over 28 years I tried to like another one, but they'd lost "it" for me. You'll be back...

Well congratulations Mark on the new car, sure looks lovely and those 135s are pretty capable cars.   

Of course, you're always welcome here - Cayman or not :)