Open Flash Performance products

GTP

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone on here has had first hand experience with open flash performance and it's products?

I've been looking at remapping options for a while now but I am not interested in a generic flash map and would like something that lets me make my own changes which this open flash performance appears to let me do, an added bonus for me is having already used the tuner pro software on Mitsubishi's.

Anyone tried this?

Pete

• Like 1

Can you make unlimited changes to the MAP or are you limited to, say, 3 or 4 different programs?

If unlimited, how do you go about getting insurance?

You should be able to make unlimited changes to the map in terms of AFR, ignition, throttle etc. Insurers will only ever ask for a bhp increase and what 'bolt on' modifications you have but it varies from company to company.

With a lot of they high bhp builds I have done they mostly ask for a spec sheet, power output and total vehicle value that they will agree to.

2 minutes ago, Scotty718 said:

Whats open flash?

Let's you remap the car to unlock some extra horse power or make tweaks to help fine tune the running, on a standard car there isn't a great deal to be had but on car's such as mine which has different manifolds, exhaust, throttle & inlet it can make a worthwhile difference.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I've been in touch with these guys Pete.  I'm hoping they will give us some direct feedback on their product.  

• Like 1

Good to know Tom.

I've done a fair bit of reading into the product on the 86 forums stateside and it seems to get mostly good reviews.

I must admit I have never really enjoyed using the tuner pro software but that may be down to the maf-t pro unit that uses it more then what the actual software is capable of.

Hi Shiv, welcome aboard :) 

I have a few questions, probably more connected to the software side of the product then hardware as I have a little knowledge of tuner pro but I think it will be used in a different way to what I am used to due to not having a piggy back ecu such as the maf-t. 

1) Do you have any starter bin files for any modified uk vehicles (as we are on a slightly different fuel type with most running 98/99 Ron fuel)

2) For reading the 02s, does the logging show individual O2 readings, per bank or does it figure out based on an average of all 4?

3) This is V.E table related- would I be right in thinking that it is similar to how T.pro RT is used with the MAF-Translator Pro where it is a fueling value that is changed to influence afrs and that there is some sort of afr tracking that can be adjusted? also are there 2 of each v.e & other windows so you have differing settings for normal and sport modes?

And the final question I have relates to live tuning and data reading, is there any way to make live changes to the map & receive live data or due to the way it writes to the ecu do you have to repeat logging, make changes then save and upload bin file?

Apologies if you have covered any of these subjects somewhere before, I have only just started looking into the product and well, the Internet is a large place with lots of threads to read!xD

Pete