New Owner- SSK/Twin pipes & De-Snork

• Founder

Shouldn't feel light at high speeds, might be worth a geometry set up? 

Worth keeping an eye out for twin tips on eBay.  I sold mine for £50.  

Bargain £50 :) I'll keep an eye out, I'd rather OEM, but at £437 from Design 911, there has to be another way. I also do not have sports Chrono, I also read a sprint booster performs the same throttle fettle?

Yes, I read you can get a more aggressive set up? I'm based just South of Cambs, I need to source a decent local garage who can look after me. 

20170326_142756.jpg

This?

Personally I'd go for the Remus CBE-black tips with the CF inlay, keep the OEM filter, and a Motech remap....;)

As for a decent local 'ish' garage I cannot recommend Dove House at Rushden highly enough, not too far from you, awesome people and you'll be very well looked after.

22 hours ago, Rob63 said:

22 hours ago, Rob63 said:

This?  Yes, exactly :) Looks spot on, I just worried about pulling the side vent off without breaking.

Personally I'd go for the Remus CBE-black tips with the CF inlay, keep the OEM filter, and a Motech remap....;) Do you have a picture? What do they sound like? Does this still use the T piece design? I want an OEM look really. Do the Gen 2 twin pipes fit Ok? I'm hoping to find it on Ebay at one point.

Standard filter? I thought BMC was a good piece of kit. I have the Carnewal GT exhaust too.

As for a decent local 'ish' garage I cannot recommend Dove House at Rushden highly enough, not too far from you, awesome people and you'll be very well looked after.

Thanks!

Vent removal is very straight forward, best done on a warm day, after a longish run or with a little applied heat from a hair dryer...or all 3! Start with the upper clips as there's a spigot at the base which requires you to lift the vent upwards, takes about 30 seconds to remove the vent from the frame, another 30 seconds for the frame, another 30... Black mesh was bought some while ago from Halfords, get a trade card ;) Mesh held in place with a couple of dabs from a hot glue gun, easily removed at a later date, no damage done.

I've tried all types of filters over the years, Do Luck, Pipercross, BMC, K&N, Cosworth etc, etc, but at the end of the day most will agree that the dry paper element is best. No MAF contamination, perfect fit, excellent filtration.

If you're after the OEM look then you've already achieved it with the Carnewal system, and you won't be wanting to affix the mesh after a De-Snork :huhsign: (sorry, always wanted to use that one)

Dove House isn't too far away from you, I can assure you that you won't be disappointed, speak nicely to Tony (head Tech) and you can enter the workshop area to view your car being worked on, try that at an OPC.

• Like 1