New to group

Rayve001

Hi all im new to this group 

Im looking at buying a cayman 3.4 s gen 2 hopefully i have a budget of about £25k 

Please can you point me into the rite direction of any faults i should be looking for . Im new to the porsche and dont really know alot about them

Many thanks 

Ray

• Like 1

• Founder

Hi Ray, welcome along :) 

The Gen2 is fairly reliable and doesn't have any real history of common major faults.  That said, you should be diligent and check the usual areas as you would any other car.

General more Cayman related bits to check are the front radiators for corrosion/leaks, ensure history covers brake fluid change, belts and spark plugs (if age and mileage requires).  The latter can be a pain if they have not been changed for a while as they are known to weld themselves to the heads and is the reason Porsche recommend changing them quite regularly compared with other cars.  

The CaymanOC buyers guide may be of use to you understanding the cars, and also identifying the options the car might be specced with.  Find it here: 

http://en.calameo.com/read/004578836891bab5e14cc