Castle Combe Thursday 19th July

Kai

Hi gang

I'm going to the Porsche track day tomorrow- just wondering if anyone else from here is going?

Kai 

Enjoy Bedford. Lovely cars to heel and toe in, I added a sprint booster to the throttle (no sports chrono on my car) it makes it even easier to do. What brakes are you both running ? 

14 hours ago, crafty1 said:

Enjoy Bedford. Lovely cars to heel and toe in, I added a sprint booster to the throttle (no sports chrono on my car) it makes it even easier to do. What brakes are you both running ? 

I had fitted yellow stuff but found them awful, seen that reported elsewhere. May have been me tho. I'm on standard pads now so I'll keep the stints short, when i wear them out i may go for the Brembo Sport pads. Supposedly slightly better than stock and not expensive.

I heal n toe on a good day but need to do it when there's no one close so ive got room to get out of trouble! Bedford had acres of run off so good to get the knack sorted.

3 hours ago, crafty1 said:

Yes sorry remember now, I have the EBC so will find out tomorrow just how bad they are, I have my old pads to put back in if needed ! 

Others find them fine so who knows? They never faded as such, they were just not that effective i found. My have not bedded them in enough before using them hard

I run Ferodo DS2500 and they are fine on road and track. I don't drive my CS super hard anyway as it's my daily and I have the Atom for proper track attack. 

Good day at Combe. Great weather - after the rainy trip up there - and nice selection of cars 

everything from Boxsters, Caymans, 993, 996, 997 plus a Skyline, Caterham 620r and a Lotus 3-11

I passed quite a few and nothing passed me so the induction, exhaust and brake upgrades are definitely working ?

Kai

Good to hear Kai, what noise did your Carnewall exhaust give when tested ?Mine was 104 db static at Snetterton which was higher than I thought it would be but passed fine. The Ohlins were superb on track, then just turn them down a few clicks and drive home in comfort. Atom sounds great btw, I had a SC k20 Honda in an S1 Elise, it was an animal so must be really nuts in something that light.

Thanks crafty1

i didn't look to see how loud the exhaust was tbh - it was quiet enough to get on track ?

Yes, the Atom is a beast. 310 bhp in anything 550kg is going to be quick ?