Lower back and hammy strains

Barry

Hi all,

still loving my car but recently and for the last 4 odd weeks its been a struggle getting comfy in the seat. Once I arrive at work Im like an old man getting out the car and its very painful. Ive tried all manner of different driving positions but to no avail. It feels like my hamstrings are tight and bottom muscles really sore!

Anyone else have this problem at all?

Having waited years before finally buying my dream car, Im seriously hoping that the car/seats/sitting position are not to blame.

On the positive side, I bought the car last October, so surely these symptoms would have presented themselves before now - although I have been away on business periodically for a month at a time so........ 

Sitting on a cushion in the car for the past week.

Getting to the stage where I really will have to visit a Physio I think as it doesnt seem to be passing.

• Founder

I never had problems in the standard seats, always found them comfortable enough on long journeys.  

The buckets in the CR were great seats but they were a little too upright for me, not by much but they cramped me up a bit.  

Assume you've tried adjusting the seats all sorts of ways to see if it helps? Height and angle of the seat base?

Hi Beanoir, yes tried various seat positions.

Going to visit a Physio ASAP and see what they say. I think it's just me and my lack of fitness (at least I hope so). I'll add to this once I've seen the Physio.

Thanks for replying to my post.

When I bought my first Cayman (standard seats) I immediately started getting back pain (something I'd never had in any car before) and after a while thought I was going to have to sell it - dream over. Then I watched the Porsche YouTube video below, followed the set up advice and never had a problem again - even on long Euro road trips. I found the ideal seating position to be a lot more upright than any previous car (without watching the video I'd never have tried it the "correct" way randomly) and was surprised how comfortable they were. I've got sports seats now and find them even more comfortable.

• Like 1

Thanks for the video John, I'll take these points onboard and get back at the end of the week. Although if I now have pulls or strains, it might take a while to get these cleared up first. Very keen to put the pointers in practice though.

• Like 1