RPM Technik have revealed their latest CSR creation based on the 981 Cayman. RPM are famous for their track focussed versions of other Porsches, most notably based on the 996 and 987 but this promises to be an exciting addition to the lineup and offers potential owners a well researched and tested track focussed version of what is already a fantastic driver's car.
The 981 CSR has been developed from track data gathered via testing at Spa Francorchamps and Millbrook Proving Grounds, and in consultation with former Carrera Cup and BTCC Champion, Tim Harvey.
The 981 CSR includes the following list of upgrades and modifications;
Engine, suspension and running gear
- CSR lightweight clutch and flywheel assembly
- sports exhaust system
- CSR Limited Slip Diff
- Custom design CSR low-ratio crown wheel and pinion to shorten the very long 981 gear ratios
- Re-designed front brakes which incorporate large six-pot callipers and floating discs
- Modified Ohlins coilover suspension combined with stiffer ARBs
- 19-inch HRE alloy wheels complete with Michelin Cup tyres
- full geometry setup, including ride height and corner weighting on the very latest Biessbarth geometry equipment
- CSR Aero spoiler,
- CSR rear diffuser and an uprated front bumper
- CSR driving lights
- CSR decal set
- CSR rev counter
- CSR steering wheel
- CSR sill trims,
- racing harnesses
- re-engineered pedals to assist heel and toe downshifts
- CSR unique build plaque
The 981 CSR is available to order now as a full conversion for £34,995. Off course as with all CSR models the conversion can be undertaken on a modular basis or it can be built to a customer’s own specification.
We are looking forward to seeing and hearing more about the 981 CSR in January at the OC meet!