snow foam lance comparability with Aldi WorkZone pressure washer

Just bought one of the Aldi pressure washers (only £80 ??), seems to work well and comes with a number of attachments and features. 

However, I want a good quality snow foam lance, many of them seem similar, with the difference being the attachment fitting to the lance/hose ‘trigger’. 

Im considering this lance from Slims, which states a Lavor-C fitting type is compatible with Aldi/WorkZone washers. 

http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/cleaning/snow-foam-lances/slims-snow-foam-lance-with-free-connector.html

Anyone else got an Aldi washer and bought a snow foam lance for it? Which attachment fitting have you used?

Any advice on ‘tank’ size - I.e. 1 litre big enough, or is the 2 litre size better?

i will probably go for the Bilt Hammer foam based on other feedback on this forum and the fact that Slims do a 5 litre bottle for £20.

Cheers, Jason

• Like 1

It’s ok, I’ve ‘answered’ my own question by simply disconnecting the long lance section from the ‘trigger’ section and eyeballing it. 

The Aldi / WorkZone unit is a Lavor-C type connection. 

On 03/04/2018 at 07:49, Windymiller said:

Just bought one of the Aldi pressure washers (only £80 ??), seems to work well and comes with a number of attachments and features. 

However, I want a good quality snow foam lance, many of them seem similar, with the difference being the attachment fitting to the lance/hose ‘trigger’. 

Im considering this lance from Slims, which states a Lavor-C fitting type is compatible with Aldi/WorkZone washers. 

http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/cleaning/snow-foam-lances/slims-snow-foam-lance-with-free-connector.html

Anyone else got an Aldi washer and bought a snow foam lance for it? Which attachment fitting have you used?

Any advice on ‘tank’ size - I.e. 1 litre big enough, or is the 2 litre size better?

i will probably go for the Bilt Hammer foam based on other feedback on this forum and the fact that Slims do a 5 litre bottle for £20.

Cheers, Jason

I only have 1L snow foam bottles 2L seems to big and heavy. With my autobrite lance i could do 2 cars comfortably and 3 at a push with 1 bottle. 

Had cheaper lances which seem to rinse through the product and make it hard to get round even one car and the foam isnt very thick. Also have had a proKleen lance which is good, nice thick but runny foam however you can only do one car with the bottle which for a home user is fine!

so 1L bottles are fine.

Thanks on both counts ‘NWD’. 

I placed an an order last night with slims for their snowfoam (bilt & hammer) and lance bundle + some other goodies (valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner, valet pro tar and glue cleaner, car pro nano car shampoo, dodo juice future armour - I got a bit carried away ?). 

Cant wait to get cleaning now ??.

as an aside - what’s your view on the ‘old wives tale’ that Johnson’s baby shampoo is useable as a decent car shampoo?

cheers, Jason

17 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Thanks on both counts ‘NWD’. 

I placed an an order last night with slims for their snowfoam (bilt & hammer) and lance bundle + some other goodies (valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner, valet pro tar and glue cleaner, car pro nano car shampoo, dodo juice future armour - I got a bit carried away ?). 

Cant wait to get cleaning now ??.

as an aside - what’s your view on the ‘old wives tale’ that Johnson’s baby shampoo is useable as a decent car shampoo?

cheers, Jason

Sounds great, Bilberry wheel cleaner is very good, Always my go to.

Personally I wouldn't use it as car shampoo, I dont feel its slick enough or has the cleaning agents that lift and dissolve dirt. However as a glass cleaner it works very well and does not smear, Perfect for use on the inside of the windscreen.

9 hours ago, NWDetailing said:

Sounds great, Bilberry wheel cleaner is very good, Always my go to.

Personally I wouldn't use it as car shampoo, I dont feel its slick enough or has the cleaning agents that lift and dissolve dirt. However as a glass cleaner it works very well and does not smear, Perfect for use on the inside of the windscreen.

Top one, thanks Nathan ??

I have an urge to start car cleaning g now at 21:30, now where did I put my head torch.... ?

• Haha 1