Warning light

Morning all, nice sunny day so idea to get the Cayman out...... expect flat battery. When fully charged still nothing and an error warning light. 1 the usual spoiler and then a visit workshop. When I turn the ignition there is nothing happening.

is there a way to do a reset or do I need it plugged into something that will reset it?

thanks in anticipation.

Everything lights up initially but does not stay on. Just when I turn the ignition there is nothing other than the warning.

Typically not been driven much in the past few weeks so thought it was just the battery, which has been on a trickle/conditioner, but then gave it a full charge as well.

Ironic thing it says take to workshop, which is great if you can start it!

• Founder

The Porsche batteries are not the best, useful life of about 5 years at most before they start declining.   

My CR battery lasted 4 years, replaced with a Bosch silver 

• Like 1

No idea on age, it was on the car when I bought it. Have been a spoilt myself to a new one which I will fit tonight. Fingers crossed I will get a drive before the rain comes back.

11 minutes ago, SteveS said:

No idea on age, it was on the car when I bought it. Have been a spoilt myself to a new one which I will fit tonight. Fingers crossed I will get a drive before the rain comes back.

are the wipers broke too ?

• Haha 1

New battery purchased, fitted and working fine. So thanks guys for the advice.

its one of those things that I should of done earlier.