3 car insurance?

Windymiller

I intend to stop using my Porker as a daily driver this year (it will be garaged daily and pulled out for wknd playtime March - November); I’ll be back in our family diesel bus for the station commute and Mrs ‘Miller’ will get a new car.

Currently my Cayman has an annual policy with Manning inclusive of U.K. trackdays and all my no claims is on this policy. 

Mrs ‘M’ is the policy holder for the ‘bus’, but will move her policy to her new car, with all her NCB. I’ll be a named 2nd driver on her new car. 

And then I’ll takeover the bus as my daily driver. She’ll be a named 2nd driver on the bus. 

This presents me with a quandary with regards to insurance as I understand you can only use no claims on 1 policy. 

So what do you do if you have 3 cars?  How do you allocate policy holder and named driver and NCB so as not get ‘stuffed’ by the insurance companies?

oh and I know - 1st world problem, huh.... ???

cheers, Jason

1 hour ago, Windymiller said:

This presents me with a quandary with regards to insurance as I understand you can only use no claims on 1 policy. 

Some companies will offer / transfer your NCB to a second policy ... have you spoken with Mannings ?

1 hour ago, Windymiller said:

7 hours ago, Mk1 said:

Some companies will offer / transfer your NCB to a second policy ... have you spoken with Mannings ?

Hi Mk1 - I haven’t yet. By transfer, do you mean ‘share’ across 2 cars?

i don’t want to ‘move’ my NCB off the cayman to the family car, resulting in a higher premium for the Porker. 

Im at home today, so will call Mannings later ??

56 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

Hi Mk1 - I haven’t yet. By transfer, do you mean ‘share’ across 2 cars?

i don’t want to ‘move’ my NCB off the cayman to the family car, resulting in a higher premium for the Porker. 

Im at home today, so will call Mannings later ??

No, not shared ... duplicated. Upon proof of existing NCB they will give you the same on a second car. I did this with Marsh (Premier Solutions) 0345 600 6419, they are a broker and have my policies with Aviva. 

Marsh used to be linked with a Porsche UK / PCGB scheme but lost the contract last year. I stayed with them and had a better deal than that offered by the replacement company ! 

Thanks all for replies. 

SWMBO paid a deposit on her new car today, to collect next weekend so I actually called Mannings this avo, and you’re all correct ??

I can mirror my existing NCB on the cayman onto the family diesel bus with no impact on Porker policy price. 

Made me chuckle though when I got the quote letter as it provides the exact same level of cover - I.e, (should I wish to) I can now track day my Kia Sportage 2.0 diesel.... ?????????