Hello from Dorset

Wah

17 hours ago, Beanoir said:

Who did you deal with at RPM? They’re a great bunch over there. 

Greig Daly.

Pleasant experience throughout.

On 22/08/2018 at 22:03, Wah said:

Today placed a deposit on a 981 Cayman GTS. 

Manual, Sports exhaust & tail pipe, sports suspension, 40% locking diff, bi-xenon with pdls+, ceramic brakes, climate control, PCM with Burmester speakers, Chrono+, 18-way seats, extended leather, full carbon and red stitching GTS pack, carbon sills, heated seats. Couldn’t say ‘no’ :)

Hi Wah. This used to be my car - unless there are two Guards Red ones with this spec (which I doubt!). I almost bought it back but was ill on the day I was supposed to go to RPM to see it. Anyway, it wasn't meant to be but you have got yourself one fine motor there. I hope you are enjoying it!

PS - I don't suppose the blue umbrella I left in the cubby hole is still there?

• Like 1

Oh, a few more things:

- You will find that you'll get A LOT of attention from small kids and grown men with this car.

- The best mode is Sport - the Sport Plus mode is too noisy I think but the manual gearbox and passive dampers are what made the car for me.

- The ceramics are ferocious but they can be frightening immediately after you wash the car as there is no bite until they are warmed up again.

- Most importantly, have fun and make sure you drive it!

Edited by Prestonese
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Prestonese said:

Oh, a few more things:

- You will find that you'll get A LOT of attention from small kids and grown men with this car.

- The best mode is Sport - the Sport Plus mode is too noisy I think but the manual gearbox and passive dampers are what made the car for me.

- The ceramics are ferocious but they can be frightening immediately after you wash the car as there is no bite until they are warmed up again.

- Most importantly, have fun and make sure you drive it!

Hi Prestonese,

Great to hear from a previous owner. Were you the 1st owner, as I have no record of him/her, or the 2nd?

I am loving 'Queenie' already. Drove her home on Thursday. Went to work in the S2000 the next morning and thought my brakes had failed (and she has brand new disks and calipers all round!)

I had to have a manual; Guards Red wasn't on my short list of colours but the rest of the spec was so good we decided to take a look. We almost didn't see her due to illness too, but when we saw her, that was it. Wanted PASM, but the Sports Suspension & diff are great!

Shall be driving her home from work in 10 mins; shall check for the umbrella, lol. Sports Plus for me, as much as possible :)

I was the second owner. The first is a well known Porsche owner with Swindon OPC who I bought it from.

The original wheels were naked but I had them painted grey which I think makes the car look much better. Feel free to PM me though if you have any questions.

I moved on to an Alpine A110 in the end. Very different car and fun in different ways but I do miss the Red Mist from time to time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prestonese said:

I was the second owner. The first is a well known Porsche owner with Swindon OPC who I bought it from.

The original wheels were naked but I had them painted grey which I think makes the car look much better. Feel free to PM me though if you have any questions.

I moved on to an Alpine A110 in the end. Very different car and fun in different ways but I do miss the Red Mist from time to time!

Thanks, will do.

Looked at A110 & 718. Chose the 981 instead.

Wanted manual & NA.

No umbrella in the cubby hole!