987 exhaust tip removal

Can someone tell me how easy (or hard) it is to remove the exhaust tips from a 987 Cayman?  Mine are in a dire state and to try and get them back in shape I want to get them off the car to properly attack them.  Before I set about this I'm hoping someone who has done it can tell me how and how difficult it is or isn't.  Cheers

Hi Paul,

When my Cayman 987 was at DW Performance for it's service, they noticed one of the exhaust clamps was broken. They offered me some twin tail pipes at a very good price so I gave the go ahead to fit them. I had noticed the broken clamp, but I'm now so glad I didn't attempt it myself. It took, at times, 3 trained Porsche technicians, crow bars, an angle grinder and a good deal of bad language  45minutes to persuade the old tail pipes off! I don't think I could have removed it with the car on the ground or on axle stands.

Cheers

Gary

Mine had new clamps fitted when I purchased the car. I wanted to get the tips off to give them a proper clean but they will not budge so if anyone has any methods for getting them off I would like to know as well. 

Shouldn’t be too difficult.  I will normally apply some releasing spray and let it soak while I get on with another job.  A rubber mallet will help, but you shouldn’t need to smack the bejesus out of it.