Cooling fans

When’s it normal for these to kick in??i was driving around town in slowish traffic then drove about 7 miles home(no traffic) when I got home I left it running outside for about 10 mins before putting it in the garage,when I turned it off no cooling fans kicked in,is this normal?just had the front hoses replaced so just worried incase somethings not been put back right

Edited by Westcoastcayman

Doesn't sound unusual. I have only noticed mine kick in when  its much warmer outside or at least mild and I have driven the card  hard. I would just keep an eye on temp gauge. Mine once up to temp sits at 80c and does deviate.

• Like 1

Sounds normal. Think the fan starts up if the car hasn't had chance to cool from the ambient temp. I have had this a couple times on very hot days, when I get back home after a blast the cooling fan starts ~5mins after the engine has been off. Last time was at the MOT when the car had been started up/moved short distances it started on the next engine start. 

sounds about normal to me. the temp gauge should normally sit bang on or very close to 80 on the gauge but the engine bay temp will go up a bit after the car is stopped and shut down, especially in a garage.

there are radiator fans at the front that will kick in and a cooling fan in the engine bay that pulls in air from the RH side scoop, if the engine bay gets too hot.