Asks where A.S.K. amp is?

tigger

My 2009 Cayman came to New Zealand from Japan. It has "490 Sound System ASK" apparently and had a Japanese radio when imported to NZ. I have been looking for the ASK in the front boot, and removed all the linings, but there is nothing there. I am trying to retrofit a CDR 30 radio.

It would be in the front boot.  

Are you sure it has Sound Package Plus (A.S.K.)?  Only the 3.4 came with SPP as standard, I believe it was an option on the 2.9.  Is your car a Gen1 or Gen2?  

• Founder

If it's a 2.9 then it's Gen2.  So @tigger, have you got a CDR30 unit in there at the moment and just swapping for a non-japan version with the right FM frequency?  

Either way, if it's got SPP/ASK then the amp could be under the front passenger seat.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was told my amp should be in the front boot but it's under the passenger seat. I have the adaptive light control module on the front so wonder if it's a reserve location if something else goes in there?