Has anyone fitted after market rear parking sensors to a Cayman that does not have them fitted as standard? If so,  how practical is it to do and are there any recommendations on companies that do fitting.  Other forums seem to show a mixed bag of opinions.  

• Founder

I tell you what, if I could I'd remove mine and give them to you! 

It is possible to retrofit, but it can be expensive.  I'd give Auto Audio in Park Royal a call, they are well regarded with this kind of thing. 

• Like 1

Many thanks for the guidance. I finally have the money to invest, and am struggling with a dearth of decent cars at the price I want to pay. I found one that has everything I want - except the parking sensors. As I am rubbish at parking at the best of times, I consider these things essential. The camera is a great idea, but this car just has the standard radio. But this car is black, so the sensors should not be too unsightly. I saw other forums recommending Auto radio, so they seem to be the "go to" place. I will go take a look at the one I have in mind, and give it a punt if it ticks all the other boxes. 

• Founder
1 hour ago, pandalf said:

Many thanks for the guidance. I finally have the money to invest, and am struggling with a dearth of decent cars at the price I want to pay. I found one that has everything I want - except the parking sensors. As I am rubbish at parking at the best of times, I consider these things essential. The camera is a great idea, but this car just has the standard radio. But this car is black, so the sensors should not be too unsightly. I saw other forums recommending Auto radio, so they seem to be the "go to" place. I will go take a look at the one I have in mind, and give it a punt if it ticks all the other boxes. 

Is the car at a dealer? If so perhaps they can help having the sensors fitted?