Laser wheel alignment

Bukbuk

9 hours ago, Bukbuk said:

All,

Any suggestions where to get laser wheel alignment around South Yorkshire, I'm near Rotherham myself.

Thanks

Somewhere with a Hunter Hawkeye machine; for 4 wheel alignment, camber, toe, castor etc.

Really are the bee’s-knees from my experience.

***One of the major tyre chains has these in most outlets. Is it quick fit perhaps ? (Please check for yourself though !).

Good luck.

Edited by sevenfourate

• 11 months later...

I don't know of any specific places, but I would suggest you focus the experience operators more than the equipment itself.  The reality is that an experienced technicial working with basic tools can give you a great alignment.  An inexpienced operator with even the best tools can do terrible work.  Something as basic as understanding the units of the machine (e.g. mm, degees, minutes) is sometimes lost on new technicians working on high end equipment.  Ask other owners in your areas where they get alignments and you usually hear the same name multiple times...regardless of the equipment they use that's probably the right answer.

• Like 1

Just now, Ubermensch

I don't know of any specific places, but I would suggest you focus the experience operators more than the equipment itself.  The reality is that an experienced technicial working with basic tools can give you a great alignment.  An inexpienced operator with even the best tools can do terrible work.  Something as basic as understanding the units of the machine (e.g. mm, degees, minutes) is sometimes lost on new technicians working on high end equipment.  Ask other owners in your areas where they get alignments and you usually hear the same name multiple times...regardless of the equipment they use that's probably the right answer.

I would absolutely agree with this, in fact the fancy machines just make the job easier for the guys doing the job.