Polyurethane Bushes or not?

anon_uk

So my gen 1 is getting on a bit, I think some of the bushes at least need changing. And I am wondering if bushes need changing, should I go to polyurethane?

Driving style: No track use, mainly fast road

Are there any other options than PowerFlex?

Thanks all

12 hours ago, anon_uk said:

So my gen 1 is getting on a bit, I think some of the bushes at least need changing. And I am wondering if bushes need changing, should I go to polyurethane?

Driving style: No track use, mainly fast road

Are there any other options than PowerFlex?

Thanks all

Can’t speak ref a Cayman: but I had quite a few Powerflex Yellow series bushes (Engine mounts x 3, gearbox mounts x 2: and a few front suspension components) on my previous car. ***No fit, longevity or quality issues at all.

Which was only used on the road and after perhaps 500 miles of settling-in (Few vibrations at tick over at first) I felt (sic) they improved the car substantially.

The solidity, feel, improvement in gear change etc was much improved and very noticeable - with little to no detriment imo. And I’d have no qualms using the  (You soon get used to some increased firmness over stock) same again in a different car.

Hope that helps in some way.

Good luck......

So, I placed my order from Design911 and its come through. However, they are all the black version, how much difference in stiffness is there?just thinking if its worth sending back, or work with what they sent.

I don't think I did anything wrong, or ordered the wrong part numbers but I was expecting "ROAD USE" and not "TRACK USE"

PFF57-501-23.5 STABILIZER BUSH BOXSTER FRONT 23.5 MM *PAIR

PFF57-502 LOWER ARM CENTRE BUSH 986/996 Powerflex

PFF57-503 LOWER ARM REAR BUSH 986/996 (set of 2 for 2 arms) Powerflex

PFR57-507 CONTROL ARM BUSH 996/997 REAR (set of 2 for 2 arms) Powerflex

PFF57-801 LOWER ARM FRONT CENTRE BUSH 987/997 (set of 2 for 2 arms) "Caster angle to be adjusted" Powerflex

PFF57-802 LOWER ARM FRONT INNER BUSH 987/997 (set of 2 for 2 arms) "Caster angle to be adjusted" Powerflex

7 hours ago, anon_uk said:

So, I placed my order from Design911 and its come through. However, they are all the black version, how much difference in stiffness is there?just thinking if its worth sending back, or work with what they sent.

I don't think I did anything wrong, or ordered the wrong part numbers but I was expecting "ROAD USE" and not "TRACK USE"

PFF57-501-23.5 STABILIZER BUSH BOXSTER FRONT 23.5 MM *PAIR

PFF57-502 LOWER ARM CENTRE BUSH 986/996 Powerflex

PFF57-503 LOWER ARM REAR BUSH 986/996 (set of 2 for 2 arms) Powerflex

PFR57-507 CONTROL ARM BUSH 996/997 REAR (set of 2 for 2 arms) Powerflex

PFF57-801 LOWER ARM FRONT CENTRE BUSH 987/997 (set of 2 for 2 arms) "Caster angle to be adjusted" Powerflex

PFF57-802 LOWER ARM FRONT INNER BUSH 987/997 (set of 2 for 2 arms) "Caster angle to be adjusted" Powerflex

HUGE difference between Black and Yellow series from what i've ever read / discussed with people....i'm afraid to say. 

After experiencing the difference (Not on a Porsche mind) between standard and Yellow myself; im 99% pretty sure no-one would ever convince me to use black on the road.

Good luck.

Edited by sevenfourate

there is probably a graph that shows the more you stiffen up your suspension over OEM the less you drive your car on the street . I have seen it for years and many different cars the aftermarket motor mounts,sway bars,springs,bushings,lowering etc quietly go back in their box and sit gathering dust on a shelf waiting to go on ebay  

• 3 weeks later...