Porsche Club GB

Bluedot

Depends on what you're looking for. 10% discount on spares from Porsche is helpful. 2 for 1 tickets to Silverstone Classic appeals to me. If you are looking for a monthly social at a pub that's there too. The magazine has limited appeal to me personally and I certainly have no desire to get mixed up in the politics of the club. It's something like £65/year and to some extent a club is what you make of it so perhaps not the biggest financial gamble you'll ever take and you can decide for yourself after 12 months if you've made good use of your membership.

I am a member and find it ok

as above plus insurance if you want as they also cover you on track days run by the club

you can easy get your money back if you go to shows and want any bits from Porsche, plus the local meets are ok and they run lots of different events over the year

I'm a new'ish member of Porsche Club GB, have enjoyed the magazine so far, have attended a couple of meetings, being a Cayman owner I feel somewhat of a minority/poverty member of the club which seems to oriented more towards the 911 family  - I'm hoping the Cayman OC will remain focused on Caymans and include plenty of hands on/home maintenance posts.

• 4 months later...

I did realise PCGB gave 10% discount on spares? Do they do this on all spares of only the accessories on the website?

They also do a discount on Swissvax car care products, which are really good products, but they add £6 per item postage so this offsets the original discount.

I have just renewed into my 2nd years membership, as has already been mentioned the membership pays for itself with the discount for tickets.

With DD payment its £55 per year

1 hour ago, richjar said:

I did(n't) realise PCGB gave 10% discount on spares? Do they do this on all spares of only the accessories on the website?

I got 10% off when I bought a small component from the Bournemouth OPC, so I think the answer is yes  they do it on all spares, providing you ask.

2 minutes ago, twopointnine said:

I got 10% off when I bought a small component from the Bournemouth OPC, so I think the answer is yes  they do it on all spares, providing you ask.

Thanks for the correction... "didn't..."

Good point, I hadn't asked. Now I have purchased all the accessories I need..