Coolant leak - not crossover pipes

briggy

Had a service done at OPC Tewkesbury recently and they spotted an oil leak (which I believe is just the mess from the filter on this and previous oil change), but also a coolant leak. See from 1min 20sec on this video they provided me https://vhsee.rsptool.co.uk/evhc?token=8GcCdlNGZL7qXq0ijsdCeZ3pZW98_bOJOzwnwnHZXyU

Anyone had a leak from here before and what's the damage likely to be to my wallet? I'm unlikely to get OPC to do the work as there are a few indies near me.

Cheers,

Bryan

Not sure exactly which hose that is but it looks like you simply need a new hose. Probably worth swapping the coolant out while there if not recently done. 

My guess a couple of hundred pounds ish.. No major worries I would have thought 😁

Good luck 

Looks like you might be right. Sent the video to a local indy that thinks the same thing. Going to take it for a closer look. Will update when I know more.

Cheers,

Bryan

• 4 weeks later...

All sorted now. Hose was about £70, labour £90, coolant £24, all + VAT. Done by Peter Chambers in Tewkesbury. I'll be using them again.

Cheers,

Bryan

• Like 1