Testing the water - what's it worth?

briggy

I'm thinking of selling my Cayman for no other reason than I want to try something else, after 5 years of ownership. I'm thinking of changing to a Lotus Evora. Clearly, I can own both at once. What do you think mine is worth?

987.2 S

2010/10 Reg

Basalt black

Black leather interior

Full service history - All at either OPC or RPM Technik, who are members of the Porsche Partner Network, so only use OE parts.

Even though service is every 2 years, I gave it an oil and filter change 1 year after each service i.e. 2017, 2019 & 2021.

PSE (Porsche switchable exhaust)

PDK with sport chrono

53,000 miles

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S all round.

We all know the standard equipment...

Attached should be a few pictures from when I had it professionally detailed - machine polished and ceramic coating.

Cheers,

Bryan

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

38 minutes ago, briggy said:

I'm thinking of selling my Cayman for no other reason than I want to try something else, after 5 years of ownership. I'm thinking of changing to a Lotus Evora. Clearly, I can own both at once. What do you think mine is worth?

987.2 S

2010/10 Reg

Basalt black

Black leather interior

Full service history - All at either OPC or RPM Technik, who are members of the Porsche Partner Network, so only use OE parts.

Even though service is every 2 years, I gave it an oil and filter change 1 year after each service i.e. 2017, 2019 & 2021.

PSE (Porsche switchable exhaust)

PDK with sport chrono

53,000 miles

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S all round.

We all know the standard equipment...

Attached should be a few pictures from when I had it professionally detailed - machine polished and ceramic coating.

Cheers,

Bryan

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

A few months ago, before I stopped looking, I would have said £28k. Asking prices seem to have continued to rise even though it is no longer sports car season but I've no idea if they are fetching those prices. I guess I'd be asking £30k and seeing what interest came my way.

On 10/11/2021 at 22:43, briggy said:

Thankfully, my typo has been pointed out... I CAN'T own both at once.

definitely £30K + 

More miles than this...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202110188618440

.....but yours sounds like better spec, so it kind of balances itself out, therefore circa £32.5 for yours.

Cheers guys. I've got my eye on an Evora now, but haven't driven one yet. I'll go and test drive it this week, hopefully. If it pans out and they offer me close to 30 as a trade in, I'll probably take it.

It's the usual dilemma of can't have both cars, but can't be without a car at all. I suppose I have the option of buying a temporary shed, selling the Cayman and be ready to pull the trigger when the right Evora comes along.

First world problems eh?

• Haha 1