Tidy 987.2 for sale

Ginginho

beyond Windy's and a few others already posted, it has been a few weeks now of inactivity for new listings of tidy 987's . This year so far has been the lowest amount of good ones listed I reckon. 

How are you getting on Martin? any leads?

Working on it still. Hopefully some news this week.

Saw the CC BE on AT. Not sure what the BE premium normally is, slight problem is that it's quite low spec, so I'm not sure how keen I'd be to pay extra for a notional 10hp and...that's about it.

yep its a shame as for how rare manual BE's are (isn't something like 5 manuals in the country) this one is low spec. I guess PSE and Chrono could be retrofitted but it is a shame that one finally comes along and it is a bit lacking in factory spec.

I suppose you get the Spyder wheels. I'd be inclined to flog them and put the money towards some decent suspension. The standard springs and dampers are a bit underwhelming, not to mention the 4x4 ride height.

What do you go for when you mod the suspension? Cayman R springs and dampers or something more substantial like Ohlins / KW's?

12 minutes ago, jc848 said:

What do you go for when you mod the suspension? Cayman R springs and dampers or something more substantial like Ohlins / KW's?

I'd personally go for B8s and R springs. Any lower and you need stuff like toe arms to get the geo in a sensible window.

I've driven a 987.2 on the Ohlins R&T. Definitely has some impressive aspects, but it's a little overly complex in terms of setup and has some drawbacks - the car I drove had some clonks on the front axle from the Ohlins that couldn't be resolved. And cost of course, both to buy and to get it set up properly.

B8 and R springs is good enough for me. For flinging down a great B road the extra expense and complexity of the Ohlins doesn't give me that much more. If I was speccing for track, it would be different.

Tbh for a fast road set up i find the pasm suspension on my 981S more than capable. Certainly confidence inspiring to keep pushing and would perform as well or better than many modified cars I've been around.   It would perform reasonably well on track too but ohlins or nitrons would transform it with smaller wheels and track rubber.

Again with suspension,  until you can feel your at the limits of what you have is not really worth changing unless it's tired and not performing. Ime the majority of people are miles away from actually overcoming their suspension set up. Its the same with big brakes, having the balls to brake as late as you possibly can without lifting is when you need better brakes.  If they are fading to quickly your likely riding them to much unless your really on the limit. 

Edited by Neil_jdmr

On 12/06/2022 at 22:12, Julian987 said:

yep its a shame as for how rare manual BE's are (isn't something like 5 manuals in the country) this one is low spec. I guess PSE and Chrono could be retrofitted but it is a shame that one finally comes along and it is a bit lacking in factory spec.

I think from memory it was 8 :)

• Like 1

On 12/06/2022 at 21:07, jc848 said:

The Black Edition that was on CC is now up on autotrader - quite high for the mileage

I don't think the asking price is outrageous assuming there is a few £k flex in the price. A good manual would privately would likely approach £30k IMO.

Edited by Ginginho
typo
  • Like 1

On 14/06/2022 at 18:27, Ginginho said:

I don't think the asking price is outrageous assuming there is a few £k flex in the price. A good manual would privately would likely approach £30k IMO.

Very small pool of buyers who would be willing to pay £30k privately. Nothing is impossible, but your market at that level would be very narrow.

On 14/06/2022 at 18:27, Ginginho said:

Very small pool of buyers who would be willing to pay £30k privately. Nothing is impossible, but your market at that level would be very narrow.

17 minutes ago, MartinF6 said:

Saga is over.

Thanks to the seller for being great on the day. Always a bit stressful as either buyer or seller in a private transaction. Glad we got it done.

croc.jpg

that looks fantastic! Congratulations!! It looks mint, what is the mileage and spec info please …and was it one on PH/AT or did you find it another way?

Hi, the sale went fantastic and I would like to say Rennspeed in Retford did an inspection and both guys was brilliant, full of knowledge and very genuine.