Key button broken or lazy.

Pretzel

The main lock/unlock button doesn't appear to depress very well on my 3 button key.

I presume they are quite expensive fro Porsche but plenty of cheap cases seem to be available for as little as £10 from Amazon and eBay but are they any good or can someone recommend a particular place to get one from?

4 hours ago, Pretzel said:

The main lock/unlock button doesn't appear to depress very well on my 3 button key.

I presume they are quite expensive fro Porsche but plenty of cheap cases seem to be available for as little as £10 from Amazon and eBay but are they any good or can someone recommend a particular place to get one from?

If anything will break, the key housing is definitely the bit you want...

(Slightly counterintuitively?) I hear many people have had good experience with the unbranded ebay listings (this kind of thing). Bonus: the buttons are a different shape, which avoids being pressed in the pocket.

That said, if it isn't the plastic piece that's the problem, you might have to spring for a new board (which is what the "clicky" bit is part of). No idea if you can get a good aftermarket one.

Also, you'll need to get the transponder out of your current key. Hard to do without being destructive, so be patient with it. I had best luck with a Stanley knife: acetone and alcohol didn't seem to weaken the glue, sadly.

Thanks for the reply. Having taken the old key apart, I'm not sure if the plastic button for lock/unlock is broken or the micro-switch that is underneath. Some of the ebay replacements include new micro-switches but I'm not sure if my soldering skills are that good.

On my fob, the small plastic retainer on the lock button had broken inside the case.  I glued it back on and it's been fine ever since.  Cleaning out the dust certainly helped all of the other buttons!