Having to unlock with the key when the car is left for a certain amount of time

Hey guys, 

I have noticed some weird issue with my 987.2 in that if it is left for a while (maybe a week or so) without unlocking it with the key fob then I have to unlock it with the key and then the key fob works to turn off the alarm after the door is opened. This is the same for both keys I have. Was wondering if anybody else has this issue? The alarm stays on as I found out the first time and I turn it off after I open the door with the key and get in it. Never had this type of behaviour with any other car. Stock alarm system. Any ideas?

Joe

9 minutes ago, futureechos said:

Not sure this is exactly it but:

The 987.2 go into sleep mode after 1 week.

Pull the door handle, this wakes the car, then try the fob button again and it should unlock.

That is interesting. Can see what you mean on https://www.boxa.net/topic/70030-sleep-mode/ though. Do they reference anything about it in the owners manual?

18 hours ago, jsavage said:

Hey guys, 

I have noticed some weird issue with my 987.2 in that if it is left for a while (maybe a week or so) without unlocking it with the key fob then I have to unlock it with the key and then the key fob works to turn off the alarm after the door is opened. This is the same for both keys I have. Was wondering if anybody else has this issue? The alarm stays on as I found out the first time and I turn it off after I open the door with the key and get in it. Never had this type of behaviour with any other car. Stock alarm system. Any ideas?

Joe

As futureechoes says, pull the door handle but I think you have to 'double pull' it (twice in quick succession) to wake it. This will 'wake' it from low energy mode and the fob should work again.