987 2.7 PSM Failure

Frank

Hi everyone,  back again...

After pulling out  the fuses to check why my front sidelights weren't working, which turned out to be missing sidelight bulbs, I'm now left with a permanent PSM Failue warning message. 

I've driven the car 150+miles since ,yet the light remains. Had the car on WOW and Delphi diagnostics, both show up the problem but won't clear it... my MOT due in two days time so I'll have to reschedule it....

Any ideas would be appreciated 

Thanks

21 hours ago, Frank said:

Hi everyone,  back again...

After pulling out  the fuses to check why my front sidelights weren't working, which turned out to be missing sidelight bulbs, I'm now left with a permanent PSM Failue warning message. 

I've driven the car 150+miles since ,yet the light remains. Had the car on WOW and Delphi diagnostics, both show up the problem but won't clear it... my MOT due in two days time so I'll have to reschedule it....

Any ideas would be appreciated 

Thanks

I am going to state the obvious (apologies) but is the PSM fuse OK, and 100% back in the right slot and correct Amps so it's not just blown?

This is the sort of thing I do badly, hence judging by my own low standards. :)

If the code won't clear then it is a permanent fault.  I.e, whatever is causing the code to appear is constant.

You will need someone to scan it with PIWIS or similar to see the code and understand the cause.  You can also scan the PSM module itself and read faults directly from it.

I know you have checked the fuses, but it does seem extremely coincidental that this fault has developed after the fact.

Thanks Aaron, I will go over the fuses again. I will get a scan to retrieve any fault codes and report back.. thanks again for your reply.....