Newbie Seeking Advice

Sorry DJMC, but the link won't work for me. I've tried looking around autoevolution's site, but can't see were that info would be.

Hmmm... strange. I tested it last night, but this morning it doesn't work, as you say. So....

Google "autoevolution the cayman 981"

The top link should be: "PORSCHE Cayman (981) - 2012, 2013, 2014 ... - Autoevolution.com" Click on this. Takes you to "PORSCHE Cayman (981) 2012 - 2016".

Then, down the left side "PORSCHE Cayman (981) Brochure (UK)" - Click on this and the pdf brochure should open.

Well, I've taken delivery of the car and am a bit disappointed that there is no USB in the glove box. Just an Aux in jack. Weird.

• Administrators

I can understand the disappointment!  Whoever specced it from new needs shooting.  

So, apart from the aux/usb issue...pleased???

I don't understand either. I thought an Aux and USB in glovebox are standard items.

Car is brilliant, except twice in my first week of ownership, I have had a PSM failure message on the multifunction display. It is immediately followed by Auto Start/Stop failure message. When I turn off and restart the problem disappears. Should I be worried?

16 minutes ago, gmtsteve said:

I don't understand either. I thought an Aux and USB in glovebox are standard items.

Car is brilliant, except twice in my first week of ownership, I have had a PSM failure message on the multifunction display. It is immediately followed by Auto Start/Stop failure message. When I turn off and restart the problem disappears. Should I be worried?

Could be worth either taking it back in and having it checked, or a diagnostic run somewhere.  

The earlier cars suffered with showing random warnings (normally engine management light) if left sitting for long periods of time.  

On 15 July 2016 at 09:39, gmtsteve said:

Another couple of questions. I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything. 

Apart from the front HIDs, are all the lights LED?  I know the rears, brake and reversing are LED, but how about the indicators (dynamic?), side indicators and interiors?

If I only have the sound package plus option (just extra speakers I think), will my phone connect with bluetooth? If not, is there an aux or usb in socket to play my music via iPod or iPhone?

Did you manage to connect via Bluetooth?

6 hours ago, 987Monkey said:

6 hours ago, 987Monkey said:

Sorry I can't see how to delete my accidental use of the quote feature..

No, I don't have bluetooth.

Battery is fine via the in car display.

It's under Porsche Approved Warranty, so everything should have been checked. I'll give them a call if it happens again.