PCM 3 update

Hi Greg, somebody asked a similar question on the 911uk forum, I have copied the link below, the answer as to why speed camera alerts not being included seem to relate to that fact that they are illegal in France. Not sure how that works if your merc had them but take a read anyway.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=942230

I'm aware of the bizarre laws in France, it just baffles me that they (Porsche) didn't put much development into the software to function as regional or to simply not include the camera points of interest in the French region, considering the premium you pay to have the Sat Nav unit from factory PLUS the cost of updating regularly.

Yeah you're right Greg, for me, it was just about the 7 digit post code entry which at least brings into the 21st century and means I don't have to mess about with portable devices. I do still have the Co pilot app on my phone and tablet so in the event of me needing poi I'm covered, with regards to speed camera alerts, I tend to follow the law of the land so never really been an issue. 

On 17 August 2016 at 17:26, Stokepotter said:

Here's a copy of the email sent today -

Good afternoon Paul,

Thank you for your email I received this morning.

Please allow me to introduce myself to you, my name is Avril and I work in the service department at Porsche Centre Wolverhampton and I will be looking after you and your enquiry.

Reference to the full postcode search and map update available your Porsche Cayman, this applied to vehicle with 09 model year onwards and the correct special offer is £149.99 Inclusive of VAT, I will need to order this update to chassis number and I can have this here on the next day delivery. We carry out the instillation of the update within this cost but will need the vehicle for the day.

If you would like to make a booking, Please contact me direct on 01902 397 911 or if preferred via my email address.

Kind regards,

Avril Smith

Senior Service Advisor

Porsche Centre Wolverhampton

Telephone: 01902 397 911

Fax: 01902 394 001

@stokespotter  - Any chance you could forward the email to me? (Kevin AT Redsquareimages.com) I'm due a service with my regular dealer down south and would like to share with him the email so that I can impress upon him the validity of the deal? 

Thanks 

Oirish