Insurance with Track Day use!

Y3owa

4 minutes ago, Y3owa said:

Hey all,

This has probably come up before but anyone have insurance with track day use? Who is good to use?

Cheers,

Andy

these were the cheapest I found, watch for the 'excess' it works a little differently for trackdays. You can cover that as well for an additional fee I think. Im thinking about it for my first track day in the Cayman, didn't bother with my old shed.

http://www.moris.co.uk/Track-day-insurance

There are a couple who include track day cover with normal road insurance, usually with a 10% excess on track and additional charges for European circuits. I used to use Manning ( https://manninguk.com/automotive-insurance/automotive-insurance.php ), then switched to Classicline ( http://www.classiclineinsurance.co.uk/future-classic-car-insurance/ ). The only reason I changed was that on my previous car (964 cup car), Manning were charging double what Classicline were for Spa track days (due to the value of the car). With the Cayman R, they'd be about the same.

As a guide I pay about £660 for the CR, which includes unlimited UK track days organised by ATDO / FAEO members.

Edited by ian964

• 1 month later...

+1 for Moris, use them for multi-trackdays per year.  Although I think I have separated road insurance (through Lockton) with my current trackday cover through Moris.  Would recommend both.

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread, just been looking at trackday Insurance and a quote for 1 day in March with Morris came out at around £280, which seems steep?

How does this compare with quotes others have received for trackday Insurance?

As my normal policy is due for renewal in March anyway, and I have 2 days booked already now in March and April (and a potential Ring trip in either April / June / July) I’m also thinking of a ‘main + track’ policy with the likes of Locton or Manning. 

Thoughts, experiences, prices?

I'm 45, full NCD, no convictions, so should be cheap as chips ?? ?. 

10 minutes ago, Nail it said:

I am with manning on my GT4, just over the £500 a year and UK track cover included as long as its run by a  recognised organisation 

What constitutes a recognised organisation?

eg PCGB organsised days? 

What about MSV / Javelin - are they recognised orgs?

cheers,

Jason

It will cover you on most track days that you would want to be part off

Spar is extra and the ring is only covered if it's a closed track event, ie not a public open day as normal 

• 4 weeks later...

got A quote from manning today at £484 pa incl unlimited ATDO track days (gotta love being in your forties ???). 

Social, domestic & pleasure only, 7.5k miles pa. Me only. 

Think ill I’ll be taking out this years policy with manning. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2018 at 18:17, Windymiller said:

got A quote from manning today at £484 pa incl unlimited ATDO track days (gotta love being in your forties ???). 

Social, domestic & pleasure only, 7.5k miles pa. Me only. 

Think ill I’ll be taking out this years policy with manning. 

They wouldn’t quote for me, 49 clean licence and no claims. Think it’s because I’m parked on the street in deepest London. 

5 hours ago, Porker said:

They wouldn’t quote for me, 49 clean licence and no claims. Think it’s because I’m parked on the street in deepest London. 

Ouch!

im lucky to have a driveway and garage in sleepy leafy Bucks, so mus be lower down the risk profile... (fortunately)