991 GT3RS

Beanoir™

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like viper green to me which was not standard but within the PTS sample colours that are available for a small number for cars.

I had the pleasure of driving Porsches lava orange car around Silverstone last Monday and I have to say the car is out of this world even to the point of making my gt4 feel rather average.  The additional downforce the car has just allows you entry and exit speeds out of the corners to be so much higher.

I also found it an extremely easy car to drive, PDK against the manual in my GT4 had a big impact on this aspect though.

I would say though the engine does not feel as special as the 997 4.0 RS, that thing is another level in sound and feeling.

Looks like Kermit mixed with a squashed beetle (the latter, as ALL 911 models do). It's just SOOOOoooooo UGLY! :/

I even spotted a car's rear wing (as in wing over wheel, not surf board affixed to boot) today, behind a lamp post, and thought it was a 911. When it emerged it was a Beetle.

Do they still have flat four engines in them? 'Orrid things, but I respect other's opinions if they quite like them. It takes all sorts. 9_9

PS. Yes I have driven a few 911's. Felt a little nervy due to the "back end" fables. Didn't look back when I got out.

Edited by DJMC

• Founder
3 hours ago, Langlord said:

Looks like viper green to me which was not standard but within the PTS sample colours that are available for a small number for cars.

I had the pleasure of driving Porsches lava orange car around Silverstone last Monday and I have to say the car is out of this world even to the point of making my gt4 feel rather average.  The additional downforce the car has just allows you entry and exit speeds out of the corners to be so much higher.

I also found it an extremely easy car to drive, PDK against the manual in my GT4 had a big impact on this aspect though.

I would say though the engine does not feel as special as the 997 4.0 RS, that thing is another level in sound and feeling.

Correct yes, PTS Viper Green.  Looks awesome in the flesh it really does.  I agree that the 9974.0 is a different beast but then most of the older GT3s do I think.  I was just surprised that for a modern car how Porsche had kept an analogue feel to elements such as the engine noise and general feel of the controls. 

29 minutes ago, DJMC said:

PS. Yes I have driven a few 911's. Felt a little nervy due to the "back end" fables. Didn't look back when I got out.

Not this one I can assure you it's way more planted than any Cayman