Air blower for water traps & wheels

My wife just bought one of these: http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/aeolus-td901-blaster-adjustable-speed-warm-air-car-dryer.php

She bought it to dry the dogs when they come back from walks all wet (most days!).

I'm going to give it a go on the rear screen water trap, mirrors, wheels, brakes, and any other water traps.

Check Gumtree etc. Hers was £35. As new.

• Like 1

We have one of these, and use it a lot before applying ceramic coatings as they aren't supposed to get wet until cured. Its also very useful to stop watermarks after a wash, when the water pools then runs down your nicely dried paint when you aren't looking. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not too sure I can see the logic here, surely you're forcing a certain amount of water deeper into water trap areas and under seals etc?

On my last car it didn't take too long to know exactly where the water trap areas were, to eliminate them I used the vacuum cleaner to suck the water out...and before you say anything about destroying the hoover it's a Miele, and as we all know there are only 2 things that will survive a nuclear holocaust, a cockroach and a Miele!

The blower wouldn't be strong enough to lift rubber seals I don't think, or driving at high speed in rain would have the same effect!

A VAX would maybe be a better bet than a dry vacuum cleaner, or is yours a 'wet-n-dry' version? Even then you risk making contact with the paintwork when sucking the water away. The blower nozzle can be some distance away.

As for Miele, we have 12 of their appliances. The ovens, dishwasher, and tumble drier often go wrong. The washing machine was removed by the fire brigade when smoke started coming out of it (a 999 call). Don't believe everything you hear about Miele! Having said that the two Dog & Cat vacuum cleaners have never missed a beat but I fear they would if we started adding water to the mix!

Oh... and as the fireman said, NEVER leave any appliance running overnight, even if it saves money using cheap electricity. Appliance fires are one of their most common call outs. Fortunately ours was just smoke from the bearing overheating. Anyway, must get on with dusting now... o.O