Side vent grilles

Stokepotter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think these look superb.  I've only just picked up my 987 Cayman and the only thing that I'm not 100% happy with is the side grilles. These could be the perfect solution! Have you got any pics of the whole car showing the front and side grilles?

Yeah they do look good. I've got the silver ones on my black Cayman but they are looking rather pitted at the moment. Same as the front grills. So come springtime I'll swap for the same or look at Zunsport myself.

Edited by Barry
  • Like 1

I'm pretty much sold on these I think they look great. I'll certainly get the side grilles this month and will go for the front grilles in a month or so. My car is black and I just need to decide on whether to stick with black grilles or go with the silver to break the car up a bit. I'm having my car picked up tomorrow as it's being treated to a full machine polish. I'll post some pics once it's done.

Happy New Year!

• Like 1

Yeah I went for the black to break up the white.

I did think about getting the door mirrors wrapped in gloss black but put that on the back burner, my latest thought is to get my headlights covered using the tinted mesh they seem to be using, won't do anything until spring now though. 

20 hours ago, Stokepotter said:

Yeah I went for the black to break up the white.

I did think about getting the door mirrors wrapped in gloss black but put that on the back burner, my latest thought is to get my headlights covered using the tinted mesh they seem to be using, won't do anything until spring now though. 

Seems odd to want to diminish the light output of your headlights when they're designed to... provide light. Are they too bright?

Hi DJ, happy new year,

From what I've read the latest mesh is fully legal and mot compliant with light loss minimal.

I happen to like the look, bit like on the below although I appreciate that's a factory option. 

FB_IMG_1482396407788.jpg

10 minutes ago, Stokepotter said:

Have looked here

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/

I'd be wary. Their videos & FAQs don't work, suggesting a new kid on the block? Oh hang on... web site 2011. Should have fixed these by now. Maybe they're defunct?

Also, as soon as I start reading about tinting lights it immediately brings to mind following a Corsa with grey rear lights, sticky-outey wheels, lowered suspension... You know the one!

But if it floats your boat.

Edited by DJMC

Yeah noticed the video doesn't work and you're right, I certainly don't want to go down the chav route!

All just thoughts at the moment, last month it was the door mirrors, prob be something else next month lol! 

It looks great as it is, and suitably under stated.

Be careful what you do. I see a non-original "M" badge on the rear of a BMW and, for me, it just ruins the whole car. Makes me wonder about the owner.

Have you thought about buying some paints and an easel as an outlet for your artistic side? ;)

Lol, don't mention paint!

You're prob right, I like the words "under stated"

Anyway, finally the ice has melted and during her wash I  noticed my wheels will prob need attention next, paint beginning to crack in places so a wheel refurb looks on the cards later this year.  

Thanks Andy, you know, in all the years and all the cars I have owned I have never played or messed with wheel spacers etc. To be honest, I am probably a little naive and short of knowledge on the use of them. Something I will have to look in to.