Swissvax Shield or Swissvax Zuffenhausen, any experience of which is best?

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this site after picking up my Cayman on the 23rd December. The car has gone back to the dealer this week for a full machine polish after they "forgot" to get this done pre-collection... Once the car is back I'll be sealing the paintwork with a coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection and would normally top this off with a couple of coats of Swissvax Shield. I've used this combination on my dark blue 5 series for the last year and I'm really pleased with the results. 

However I'm aware that Swissvax's Zuffenhausen wax has apparently been developed to bring out the best in Porsche paintwork, so was wondered if anyone here has any experience of using the product against the more generic (but possibly longer lasting) Swissvax Shield?

Thanks,

Andy

I have used Swissvax but not the Zuffenhausen in particular. As I guess you are aware they have a range of special waxes designed for particular brands of cars. I would have thought there would not be too much difference if the application is added to a sealant base coat.

I believe the differences are the amounts of carnuba wax content, if this is the case there may be a small difference (Zuffenhausen will have more carnuba, so a deeper shine) but not enough to notice. If you already have a pot of the shield wax you may as well stick to that, unless you are looking for an excuse to buy more products...

(Think I have used the Mirage)

My suspicion is that there can't be that much difference between the two product (even though they do use different varieties of carnuba wax), but I though I'd ask the question just in case anyone here had had experience using either/both on their car.

As soon as I've got the car back and have had chance to seal and wax it I'll get some photos posted.

Thanks,

Andy

• 2 months later...

I've used Swissvax Shield on my old car (Mercedes) and it was pretty good. It gave a nice glow to it. I haven't got round to putting it on my Porsche yet.

I wouldn't personally bother with the manufacturer specific waxes personally. I can't see how it would make much of a difference.

There's no doubt that Swissvax Shield gives a great finish. In the end I thought I'd give Blackfire products a go. The cost is around half that of Shield and the pics online look incredible. Just need to see a bit us sun so that i can really tell how it compares to Swissvax in the flesh...

• 2 months later...

I had a Swissvax kit supplied with the 987 as part of its Swissvax treatment and it included Swissvax Onyx which I applied each time water beading wasn't so obvious. I wasn't too impressed with application by the dealer for the cost £500 but we live and learn! In my case, I didn't and had it applied to the 981 by the same supplying dealer but this time FOC as part of the 'sorry' for the late delivery. This time the kit included Swissvax  Zuffenhausen and I have used it on the 981 and wifes black slk, the beading is the same as the Onyx but it does last a lot longer and I have only re applied because I think its time rather than any change in beading.

Before I only used AutoGlym and Mequires products but do now use mainly Swissvax, its a bit more expensive but the small pots of wax, cleaner, wash etc last for ages. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for someone to come out with a wax which contains an insect repellant so that flies stop crapping on my wife's mineral white BMW.

Seems they only crap on white cars. Must be because the colour is the same as the majority of bog rolls?

Flies, flies that would be a blessing, try pigeons and seagulls that like white and black cars and its not a small amount to remove.