USB playlists

Jon

I've seen a lot of requests about using playlists on a USB stick with PCM 3 (my version is V2.24)

I recently updated my playlists and you can access them via the PCM system, but they are not associated with a button like the one that appears when you have an iPod connected.

However this set-up allows you to use playlists.

Store your playlists (*.m3u format) into a folder on the USB stick, just like an artist name

Choose any track on your USB stick and start Playback

Select the track list and then move to the top of the list and you'll see

the up folder symbol (top left of screen - folder & green arrow) to go back to the USB root directory and then you can select your Playlist folder

Now choose the playlist you want to listen to

I don't know why their is not an option to display folders, other than the above procedure, or why the PCM can't identify a folder called "Playlists". My Golf has this option.

Note that when you use "Find artist" your playlist folder will not be displayed and it's necessary to get to the track listing in order to get the up folder symbol.

The PCM system takes a few minutes to load the files,the more you have the longer it will be. Mine is ready by the time I've reversed my Cayman out of the garage. 

I hope this helps folk who are trying to do this. I have a 16Gb stick, but I think it takes up to 32Gb, maybe even 64Gb. Does anyone know?

I am going to try a 32Gb stick soon.

Jon

• Like 1

Jon, have you tried importing your tracks to the PCM hard drive?

I found it takes so long, you'd have to keep the ignition on for maybe 24 hours to upload 8GB of tracks. Surely this can't be correct?

Anyhow, because of this I simply keep my USB music stick inserted.

Hi DJMC.

I don't believe I have a hard drive in my PCM system. And likewise, I'm quite happy to keep them on a USB stick, which I can regularly update and playback works fine.

Jon

5 hours ago, Jon said:

Hi DJMC.

I don't believe I have a hard drive in my PCM system. And likewise, I'm quite happy to keep them on a USB stick, which I can regularly update and playback works fine.

Jon

Standard I thought? Maybe you need Nav also?...

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 22.50.08.png

Edited by DJMC

Hi DJMC,

I think you're right and I don't have  navigation or the autochanger. I believe there was a large box of electronics under the windscreen in the upper bonnet compartment and there is nothing there in my car.

Jon