Porsche 991 wheels - will they fit my 987?

Wondering if anyone can help me out with this question. I'm looking at a set of 991 wheels, but I'm not sure if they'll fit my Gen 1 987 Cayman S. The wheel diameter is the same as on my current rims (19 inch lobster claw), and the fronts are the same tyre width 235 albeit with a slightly deeper side wall 40 as opposed to 35. The rear tyres are 285 as opposed to my current 265, but I'm running 15mm spacers on the rear and there is still plenty of room inside the arch so I'm assuming that's ok. Sidewall depth on the rears are 35 which is the same as my current setup. What I'm worried about is the offsets though. I'm clueless on this topic... The full spec of the wheels/tyres is:

Rear 11J/19 ET69 - 285 35 19
Front 8.5J/19 ET54 - 235/40 19

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks,
Andy

Thanks Rob, but I'm not sure it does. My understanding is my current wheels have an offset of ET57 front and ET67rear which would say my current wheels won't fit according to this chart. I could be wrong though if the 987 uses the same wheels as the C4/C4S.

there is a lad at work with a 987 Boxster who has 911 19 inch rims and boots on it. he has 295 35 19s at the rear. you have to use spacers to clear the rear struts. there is a delicate balance between clearing the strut and hitting the arches if you go too big with spacers.. he has 245s on the front but dropped down to 30 profile tyres to stop them dragging on the wheel arch liners. this car also has a hefty roll cage so was probably set up as a track day special. I will try and find out more if he is about next week

• 2 weeks later...