Cold starts

Is starting the engine on cold days generally a problem for Caymans?

Last night after work and again when leaving this morning I have got in, pressed the clutch, turned the ignition and nothing has happened.

The "Depress Clutch" message appears and after several attempts it finally kicks into life.

1 hour ago, graham.reeds said:

It only started when it got really cold. I did a search for cold starts but nothing returned about my issue.

A pure coincidence, if you get that message and the car won’t start it can only point to one thing, a worn switch.  I doubt the cold would make it any worse, it’s just a metal spring switch.  

This is interesting as I have recently felt like there was something rubbing when pressing the clutch. Thing is the car has only done 24200 miles.

While there has been a lot of work done it appears that there is a lot more necessary.

• Founder

Replaced mine twice in the R (both before 25k miles) and once in the S.  

I did the bypass mod in the end.  The cost to buy a new switch is about £25-30 but replacing it is a sod of a job.  

I wouldnt worry though, it’s not a major issue.  

There’s a thread here worth a read of...

http://www.caymanoc.com/forums/topic/37-car-wont-start-help/

• Thanks 1