Maintenance Wash this weekend...

Maintenance in my eyes is a decent Hoover inside and dash and panels are wiped over also an inspection for marks etc. 

Then outside. Wheels and arches are washed. I use valet pro bilberry as my general wheel cleaner, in my wheel bucket I have normal body shampoo. Then I use an all purpose cleaner for the tyres and arches.

Outside is jetwashed. Snowfoamed (this one was valet pro advanced neutral foam). While the foam is sitting I go round the hard to reach areas with a soft detail brush. Also go round the door shuts too. Then safe washed with two buckets. (Using auto glym professional shampoo).

Car is then dried. Glass is then cleaned. Then go round and dress the tyres and arches. Once this is done I then go round and inspect the car of any marks or knocks I've noticed. 

That's about all. 

• Like 1

• Founder

Great job! Nathan is top notch and I’d recommend his work to any members who are looking to have their Cayman (or other!) detailed properly. 

Car was machine polished towards the end of last summer and really made a huge difference to the paint - I guess in my mind the maintenance is cleaning it in a way that keeps it looking that way for as long as possible.  That’s my uneducated view anyway! 

• Like 1

Just now, Beanoir said:

Great job! Nathan is top notch and recommended his work to any members.  

Car was machine polished towards the end of last summer and really made a huge difference to the paint - I guess in my mind the maintenance is cleaning it in a way that keeps it looking that way for as long as possible.  That’s my uneducated view anyway! 

Exactly. Maintenance being your regular washing. The safe washing and products used etc help keep the finish looking great for longer.  

Lovely looking job.

My car is being machine polished as I write (there will be no follow on coatings of any sort), what would you recommend that I do as a diy'er to preserve that finish? - I do have some Autoglym super resin polish in my garage.

Also, what would you recommend for cleaning the leather dashboard and the interior vinyl without making it go glossy?

I've never used Snowfoam, and don't have a suitable pressure washer, are those pump up/pressurised applicators worth buying?

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twopointnine said:

Lovely looking job.

My car is being machine polished as I write (there will be no follow on coatings of any sort), what would you recommend that I do as a diy'er to preserve that finish? - I do have some Autoglym super resin polish in my garage.

Also, what would you recommend for cleaning the leather dashboard and the interior vinyl without making it go glossy?

I've never used Snowfoam, and don't have a suitable pressure washer, are those pump up/pressurised applicators worth buying?

Thanks.

As a diy'er i would say a good paint sealant and wax. Super resin polish is a polish and not a sealant or wax. If you want to stick with the autoglym range then  something like extra gloss protection as your sealant and if you want a wax the hd wax isn't bad. 

Or try fusso it's more of a hybrid coat will seal the paint and also give you the water repelency of a good wax.

As for snow foam the pump sprayers are good for things like wheel arches but wouldent be worth it on the paint as you with be able to get enough on there. They do hose attachments that allow you to run a snow foam and these are Okay and more suited to your application.

As for the leather and vinyl something along the lines of a leather cleaner. Once again the auto Glym one isn't bad and it's pretty cheap this would leave it with a Matt finish. And then leather care balm will give it protection and ensures it stays soft.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Nice work!  What services do you offer mate I couldn't see a website, be interested in having mine done before the summer.  Do you do an OC rate?? (can't hurt to ask right...)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carl_Davis said:

Nice work!  What services do you offer mate I couldn't see a website, be interested in having mine done before the summer.  Do you do an OC rate?? (can't hurt to ask right...)

I’ll message you, and yes there will be a little discount for OC.

I’ve just had my wheels refurbished with a gloss black finish. Would you recommend any particular treatment that I can apply now to prevent brake dust sticking and make future cleaning easier? I think I’ve seen one treatment which says it’s not to be used on black wheels.

12 hours ago, twopointnine said:

I’ve just had my wheels refurbished with a gloss black finish. Would you recommend any particular treatment that I can apply now to prevent brake dust sticking and make future cleaning easier? I think I’ve seen one treatment which says it’s not to be used on black wheels.

Interesting, What treatment says not to be used on black wheels?

For a home user i would say if you want a coating that will last quite a while then Carbon Collective make one called Platinum wheels which is really good, If you would rather a wax then Poorboys make a wheel sealant which is very easy to use and is very good, Or do both, Platinum wheels as the base with Wheel sealant on top would leave a very slick and glossy finish. In my opinion.