Porsches on the prom Llandudno 20th May

Porsches on the prom llandudno 20th May.

Parking on the prom from 10.am onwards. Last year over 550 Porsches attended.

Cost for parking on the prom - Free.

Maybe some of us can drive up together early in the morning with a stop on route for breakfast.

Keith W (Keith).

Hi All, I will be taking pretty much the same route as last year.

Leaving Solihull at 6.00am and via Bridgnorth, Shewsbury, Oswestry, Llangollen, Corwen, Llanrwst, T|al-y-cafn with a stop for breakfast.

Maybe one of the Welsh contingent could suggest a good cafe just inside the border , could also be somewhere to meet up for the final drive in.

Malcom E it might be a bit of a detour for you to meet up on route seeing as I am coming from the opposite direction but hopefully others will be heading south west.

23 hours ago, olliep said:

Hi

I have a 718 GTS on order so poping over from Derbyshire in my current car (Megane 275 Trophy)  to look at colours and options.

thanks

Oliver

23 hours ago, olliep said:

Hi

I have a 718 GTS on order so poping over from Derbyshire in my current car (Megane 275 Trophy)  to look at colours and options.

thanks

Oliver

Hi Oliver, the new 718 is a brilliant car to drive , you might want to do the Simply Porsche day as that is a lot bigger turn out.

Enjoy the GTS,

Keith.

On 01/05/2018 at 07:24, Nail it said:

Yes going once again as it's a nice day out 

Was thinking about going up Saturday to the Porsche track day ?

Is the track day just for Porsche owners club members ?

I take it you mean on the way back as it was too early a start last year lol.

Got to get a battery today as mine was showing 3 volts so off to see Paul at Zuffenhaus Porsche so hopefully I will be able to drive to Porsche owners meeting this evening.

You going ?

2 hours ago, Keith W said:

I take it you mean on the way back as it was too early a start last year lol.

Got to get a battery today as mine was showing 3 volts so off to see Paul at Zuffenhaus Porsche so hopefully I will be able to drive to Porsche owners meeting this evening.

You going ?

Battery fitted, happy days...

Wanted to go but was working, but looked like a good one

Looked for your phone number today and couldn't find it as was going to ask about Sunday and meeting up for thr drive there and back this time

Hi Dunc, Have not got your number either. Are you sure you can get out of bed that early lol..

Ok so my plan was to leave around 6ish and do M42 - M6 - M54 - Telford - A5 - Shewsbury - Oswestry - Langollen - Breakfast  Possibly Country Cooks LL21 0PT (opens 8.30) - Corwen - Evo Triangle,  Heavy policed now so slowly, you will have to stay in 1st gear and tickover.. - Llanrwst - Tla-y-cafn - Llandudno (not particularly in any rush to get there at 10ish.

Can meet at some point on route as you will be doing M1 - M6 I guess or I can drive slowly until you catch up, so that won't take long...

On 29/04/2018 at 19:50, Keith W said:

Porsches on the prom llandudno 20th May.

Parking on the prom from 10.am onwards. Last year over 550 Porsches attended.

Cost for parking on the prom - Free.

Maybe some of us can drive up together early in the morning with a stop on route for breakfast.

Keith W (Keith).

Hi Dunc, Have not got your number either. Are you sure you can get out of bed that early lol..

Ok so my plan was to leave around 6ish and do M42 - M6 - M54 - Telford - A5 - Shewsbury - Oswestry - Langollen - Breakfast  Possibly Country Cooks LL21 0PT (opens 8.30) - Corwen - Evo Triangle,  Heavy policed now so slowly, you will have to stay in 1st gear and tickover.. - Llanrwst - Tla-y-cafn - Llandudno (not particularly in any rush to get there at 10ish.

Can meet at some point on route as you will be doing M1 - M6 I guess or I can drive slowly until you catch up, so that won't take long...

If any owners wish to join us for the drive to LLandudno, Myself and Nail it will be leaving Hopwood services on the M40 at around 7.00 Am Sunday morning so please aim to get to the services 10 minutes earlier.

Be sure to drive responsibly over the Welsh Border. I saw about 20 plus Police motorbikes fueling up at Mold Shell station today, some were unmarked superbike types. Looks like they're showing a presence over the weekend as there has been several fatals on local roads recently 

Great turn out and great drive there with Duncan, stopped off for breakfast at Country cooks Tynant and ate there again on the way home, it's that good.

Thanks to Hanna HA11NNH for pointing us to the Evo triangle as we missed it last year, amazing bit of road with great scenery if you manage to take your eyes of off the black stuff for a second. Travelled back part way with Dunc but unfortunately my Cayman S doesn't have the factory fitted Warp drive button that the GT4 has. 

Great day , great people, great cars.

See you at Simply Porsche.