Bedding in new pads and discs.....best practice is.....?

Hi all, having new discs and pads all around this Friday (made the most of ECP's Bank Holiday sale),  with a  half day at Castle Combe next Monday .  There appear to be different schools of though re initial running in...some very specific (20 * strong breaking from 60mph down to 20 mph etc) , some very general (drive normally, no panic stops for the 1st XX miles). Some mention of potential "glazing of discs" if something done incorrectly too. Any popular opinions out there?

Cheers

Craig

depends on the maker of the pads......some require a hard break in ....others just go easy for 200 miles. The cars off the showroom floor require nothing  ssssssooooooo

I always just "heat cycle" new pads/discs... A mix of gentle & aggressive braking for 50 miles then good to go.

I recently replaced my discs & pads with Kinetix dimpled & grooved discs paired with Ferodo DS2500 compound pads... Used at Brands Indy with zero issues i.e glazing/fade etc

I would suggest you change the brake fluid at the same tme...

Edited by Mavrik