Wales - 14th-16th September 2018

Hey all

So some of you guys might have come across my European Driving Tour survey last month - basically I've been wanting to set up a driving tour that doesn't cost the earth. Anyway those you haven't come across it, I was planning on doing a trial run this year in Europe but as I've left it a little late in the year for Europe, I thought best to setup something smaller and much closer to home, that being Wales.

Anyway if I can get the numbers together, 7 cars max (due to hotel availability) then let me know if you guys be interested in a 3 day tour of Wales (starting 14th Friday, ending 16th Sunday) (2 nights stay at two locations).

I'll be taking care of the routes, which I'll print out and provide a digital route with GPS co-ord to hit, and also taking care of booking the hotels. If anyone is interested, then take a look at the website I've just set up - there's more details on exactly what the tour entails.

www.theblackrunrally.com

I've also ensured the routes hit upon interesting views / destinations that can be visited (Castles etc, and one or two activities). Obviously it would be upto each person whether they want to spend any time at those destinations.

I'm running this tour at cost only (I might make the odd tenner from each car, if that!) - the main reason I want to hold a tour this year is to check out the viability of this long term, as well as discover where I can improve and iron out any niggles in time for a proper European tour next year (I want to ideally get a mixture of different cars).

Thanks guys

So basically starting in/around Oulton Park in Cheshire, driving through Corwen, doing, the Evo Triangle, going up to Caernarfon, then Conwy, then down to Aberystwyth through Snowdonia. Then next day heading down to  via to Brecon Beacons and a few routes down that end near Llandovery, and exploring around there. I've got the exact routes all planned out, but all depends if I get the numbers at mo. Obviously there'll be breaks in between, roughly 200 miles each day, with final day heading back to North West.

• Thanks 1

Nice! Aberystwyth I found not that interesting to stop in but stayed there at a very cheap hotel

If I do it again I'll definitely stay in Aberaeron - the Harbourmaster is a nice one https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g551973-d267980-Reviews-Harbourmaster_Hotel-Aberaeron_Ceredigion_Wales.html

Good to know, will keep it mind :) thanks man

yeh hotel wise I’m looking for minimum 4 star - reason why going with Aberystwyth. Not a hotel snob or anything, but I do like my creature comforts!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 23/09/2018 at 18:57, Windymiller said:

Did anyone from the COC go on this?

Any feedback from participants, or the organiser? ?

Oops sorry for delayed response - must turn on my notifications!

Unfortunately I had to cancel - the dates didn't work for most as I originally planned it as a Friday, Saturday and Sunday run. Anyway this was only meant as a warm up run to better understand what people wanted from the driving tour - as the main run is for Europe next year in June.

I've just updated my website - www.theblackrunrally.com - with European tour itinerary. Let me know  what you think if you have a spare min