PDK first gear engagement question

maczi

Hi, I'm a relatively new owner of a 987.2 Cayman S with PDK. I've always noticed that on pulling away from standstill I feel a short wobble/vibration as the first gear engages for about 1/2 second. Is this normal? I do not notice the effect between any other gear changes.

Should I expect a clean immediate engagement as I would get on other dual clutch auto's (VW DSG) I have driven?

Cheers.

Yes, this is normal, and sometimes in reverse to, there is a slight delay , I would not describe it as a wobble ,/ vibration more a slight delay,

i was told this is because of the electronic signal delay from selection of gear to engagement, personally don’t really get it, but as I said I too looked into it ,and apparently it normal, only thing I would  say, make sure the PDK oil has been changed, it an age/ mileage  interval 

Thanks, that puts my mind at rest.

What I would say is that, at least in my case, it is not caused by any signal delay. It feels like the gradual feeding in of the torque onto the clutch which I guess is quite significant when pulling away from standstill.

i have an 09 with 40k on it that i bought new,from day one when it is cold the trans can be confused between 1st or second for about a minute......it is like it does not know what gear to select....but only for less than a minute.....other than it does not like one foot on the gas and another on the brake mine is great

My CR doesn't do anything like what's mentioned in this thread.  It's as smooth as butter from a standstill, and from 1st to 2nd.

Perhaps a delay is configured in the PDK map?