Help! Fast road track geo settings needed today please.

Hi guys,

I’ve got the car in for a light suspension refreash today (inner outter track rods and lower arms).

However I’ve completely forgotten to get some advice on what geo settings I should get put on the car afterwards. All parts are OEM. Can someone recommend me a good track/fast road geo compromise? I’d like to loose the understeer on track, but not have it tram line on the road.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

Who is your shop?

My best advice is speak directly with the tech and tell them what you want from the car /give him goals to shoot for and let them do their vodoo. There's a lot of dependencies that are hard to micromanage if you are not sure of how all numbers interact -- trust your tech!

Make sure they also corner balance the car ;)

Every car is different but zero toe in front and total 1/16 toe in rear works for mine, with rake bias to the front to bring a bit more grip there car moves around real nice in the bends with no understeer whatsoever  -- I also have a stiffer sway rear so that might help however

@Dougle_turbo

Edited by Peopleandcars

18 hours ago, Peopleandcars said:

Who is your shop?

My best advice is speak directly with the tech and tell them what you want from the car /give him goals to shoot for and let them do their vodoo. There's a lot of dependencies that are hard to micromanage if you are not sure of how all numbers interact -- trust your tech!

Make sure they also corner balance the car ;)

Every car is different but zero toe in front and total 1/16 toe in rear works for mine, with rake bias to the front to bring a bit more grip there car moves around real nice in the bends with no understeer whatsoever  -- I also have a stiffer sway rear so that might help however

@Dougle_turbo

Thanks,

I have ended up going with -1 at the front and -1.5 at the rear with neutral toe all round, and see how that goes. for further adjustment, I'll get the car to CoG to have the tops mounts modified so I can run more camber at the front.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Thanks,

I have ended up going with -1 at the front and -1.5 at the rear with neutral toe all round, and see how that goes. for further adjustment, I'll get the car to CoG to have the tops mounts modified so I can run more camber at the front.

How the car feels?

I've now collected the car a pretty happy with how she feels. The steering feels much more positive, probably because of the new inner and outer track rods as much as the new geo.

Also had cruise added at the same time, which is essential in an average speed check world!

Looking forward to getting on track to properly get a feel for the new geo.

2 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

I've now collected the car a pretty happy with how she feels. The steering feels much more positive, probably because of the new inner and outer track rods as much as the new geo.

Also had cruise added at the same time, which is essential in an average speed check world!

Looking forward to getting on track to properly get a feel for the new geo.

Good man. I’m off to CoG tomorrow and can’t wait to see where I end up geo wise!