Anglesey PCGB track day Saturday 18th May

Windymiller

Hotel Cymyran is good, decent bar and food and parking is plenty but if you want to pop out you'll need a taxi as it's a bit nowhere.

...or there is the premier inn Caernarfon so you know what you are getting and because of the track it's usual to see nice stuff in the car park.

Which layout are they using?

• Thanks 1

Cheers Porsched Eggs (always makes me smile your ‘username’ 😄)

Coincidentally id already booked in to the Cymran only earlier today. 

And also booked in at Lilly’s Restauant & Rooms for the Saturday night in Llandudno for Porsche’s on the Prom the next day 👍🏻

Edited by Windymiller

12 minutes ago, Porsched eggs said:

Sounds good, if you are looking for a place to eat on the way up and you go through snowdonia I heartily recommend the cross foxes in Dolgellau - stunning food!

Thanks again PE 👍🏻

I think ill I’ll be driving up with a couple of others and heading via some ‘engaging’ roads enroute 🏎😉

Steer clear of the evo triangle. More police than road users.

id like to do a track day in the Cayman, suspect it might be heavy cost-wise on the brakes though.

Edited by Porsched eggs

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2019 at 20:06, Porsched eggs said:

id like to do a track day in the Cayman, suspect it might be heavy cost-wise on the brakes though.

I did 3 track days and 2 PEC days last year on standard pads and discs and they have plenty of life left for this year. 

I guess it all depends on how hard you want to play, ie how heavy and deep your braking is - I’m not ‘aggressive’ on track as I’m there just to enjoy my car in it’s ‘natural habitat’ rather than break speed/lap records, myself, or my car 👍🏻

Obviously if you want to go ‘all in’ as a total track aadict there are plenty of upgrade options and some good threads on here from those that are building and running track toys. But for just having some grin inducing fast fun in a relatively safe environment (ie not the public highway) then the standard brakes seem able to cope well. 

That said, i am changing to SS hoses and ‘racing fluid’ at this months service before heading back out on track this year, and I’ve started piecemeal buying some new brake parts ready for next years ‘2020 10 years old upgrade plan’ (Sebro slotted rear discs this month, more ‘shiny things’ month by month through the rest of the year... - the list is long and keeps growing 🤔😉)

I bet. They are a great basis for a track project because engine is so low in the car as well as being in the middle.

I really want to do a couple of days in mine just to see what it's like, it's on standard everything (no PASM) so it'll roll in the corners like a boat probably.

I have a track car which is much more hardcore (280bhp & 800kg) so I'll probably leave my 987 standard but if the chance came I'd love to see your car in action on track.

Have you made any on onboard videos?

44127592641_af53ec83fe_b.jpg

Edited by Porsched eggs

On 07/02/2019 at 20:06, Porsched eggs said:

Yes, especially the rears. They do a lot of work to keep you going in the right direction, without you realising. I managed to get mine smoking at Byton. Brakes survived, but the wear sensors melted.

Did you leave the traction on? Can you fully turn it off in these?

i roasted the brakes in my mates Elise around LeMans last summer because I didn't know it had traction control so it was constantly braking individual wheels etc. Oops!

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Porsched eggs said:

Good day I hope?

Hey PE,

aye it was grand, brilliant range of ~70-80 cars, well run, only 1 pleb out though the day driving like he stole it. 

I did around 200 track miles, car was faultless, just wish I was a better driver, perhaps I wouldn’t have melted my tyres then.. 😱😁👍🏻

DE7F9FE3-5DA2-47B5-9E5C-F8B0E1C14442.jpeg

C8B34E85-464B-4BB0-A4FE-BDBAE8675CAC.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Porsched eggs said:

Awesome, any video footage?

I love anglesey in the coastal and GP configurations.

T5 is proper ballsy.

Traction off I hope ;)

I’m not techno-‘bovvered’ enough to have owt fancy like a GoPro (+ don’t think my driving’s sufficiently competent to warrant filming it 😉). 

God no, having seen the difference between PSM on and off at the PEC I’m a firmly ‘leave it on’ kinda guy 😲😁👍🏻