Rear wiper... sorry!

Robpatte

Not a question about the rights and wrongs of the rear wiper, but a technical cal question about the motor. My 2007 987 has the wiper, but it’s not working. I’ve checked the fuse, seems fine. But no action from the wiper when I use the control stalk switch. Need a new motor? How common is it for the motor to fail? I can’t find one for sale anywhere, even eBay. Are they a common component to a similar age 911? An easy swap? Help! 

Edited by Robpatte

I just removed my rear wiper motor as I removed the wiper completely. I no longer need it, so if you want a replacement one just let me know. Maybe best to get it properly checked before deciding to replace the motor though, I can tell you it is not a 5 minute job to remove it! 

Thanks jcm, much appreciated. I’ve gotta drop her into the garage in a couple of weeks or a couple of other bits, so I’ll get them to check the motor out too. If she’s dead, i’ll defo buy yours. It’ll mean another trip to the garage, but I’m good with that as my mechanic skills are non existent. Will keep you posted! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Mine has just stopped as well, started of only doing half sweeps then stopped all together lucky in the right place!! Let me know what you find Rob.

Cheers Dean

Most probably the motor commutator/armature or brushes are fubar? Not sure if the wiper motor is brushless though? :35_thinking:

Easiest way to test is to apply a 12vdc slave to the motor multi-plug...

Edited by Mavrik

On 16/03/2019 at 09:40, Robpatte said:

Hi JCM, looks like the motor is dead. how much do you want for yours?

Hi @Robpatte I was about to put the wiper motor on eBay. I think £50 including shipping should cover it.