Porschacare (Bramfield) - recommended

Windymiller

Took my 987.2 S to Matt at porschacare in Bramfield (near Hertford) for some works, couldn’t be happier, highly recommend him. 

I had done:

MOT

Minor service (incl. Millers 5w-40 nanotech race oil).

Inspection of all brake, suspension and steering components. 

Inspection of coolant pipes and hoses.

Supply & fit Goodridge SS braded brake lines.

Supply and fit ATE Typ200 race brake fluid.

Supply & fit SS calliper bleed nipples

investigate (and solved) rev hesitation in lower revs. 

4.5 hrs of labour for the lot. 

£740 bill. 

last year’s service at RPM picked up the coolant hoses and pipes as an advisory. A quote from RPM to replace them was £1200.  Matt has said they’ll last another year, has wax-oiled them to protect them and has estimted £500-600 to replace them next year. 

Also RPM spent 4 hours investigating the Rev hesitation last year and found nothing (at £400+ of labour). Matt performed some sort of engine management reset via the PIWIS, and now the hesitation is no more. 

Whilst he had the car he sent me photos of the Work as it progressed and checked-in with me for things like the bleed nipples, which he said were seizing and suggested be replaced as a preventative measure. Not only did he replace them, but they cleaned the threads in the calipers and applied anti-seize compound to the new ones. It’s only a small thing, but the care and attention to detail is brilliant. 

I also had new gloss-black rear side-vent grilles painted and fitted (a la Cayman R styleee) by Daytona Coachworx in Stevenage. Only a small job, but very nicely done. 

Matt started with Porsche about 20 years ago at JZM, then moved to Portiacraft before setting himself up a couple of years ago. November last year he just moved premises from Stevenage to Bramfield into a bigger garage that he’s bought with a partner. 

He he has a lot of 911 customers, including a regular writer for 911 world. 

Im really impressed and will return to Porschacare for future works. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Took my 987.2 S to Matt at porschacare in Bramfield (near Hertford) for some works, couldn’t be happier, highly recommend him. 

I had done:

MOT

Minor service (incl. Millers 5w-40 nanotech race oil).

Inspection of all brake, suspension and steering components. 

Inspection of coolant pipes and hoses.

Supply & fit Goodridge SS braded brake lines.

Supply and fit ATE Typ200 race brake fluid.

Supply & fit SS calliper bleed nipples

investigate (and solved) rev hesitation in lower revs. 

4.5 hrs of labour for the lot. 

£740 bill. 

last year’s service at RPM picked up the coolant hoses and pipes as an advisory. A quote from RPM to replace them was £1200.  Matt has said they’ll last another year, has wax-oiled them to protect them and has estimted £500-600 to replace them next year. 

Also RPM spent 4 hours investigating the Rev hesitation last year and found nothing (at £400+ of labour). Matt performed some sort of engine management reset via the PIWIS, and now the hesitation is no more. 

Whilst he had the car he sent me photos of the Work as it progressed and checked-in with me for things like the bleed nipples, which he said were seizing and suggested be replaced as a preventative measure. Not only did he replace them, but they cleaned the threads in the calipers and applied anti-seize compound to the new ones. It’s only a small thing, but the care and attention to detail is brilliant. 

I also had new gloss-black rear side-vent grilles painted and fitted (a la Cayman R styleee) by Daytona Coachworx in Stevenage. Only a small job, but very nicely done. 

Matt started with Porsche about 20 years ago at JZM, then moved to Portiacraft before setting himself up a couple of years ago. November last year he just moved premises from Stevenage to Bramfield into a bigger garage that he’s bought with a partner. 

He he has a lot of 911 customers, including a regular writer for 911 world. 

Im really impressed and will return to Porschacare for future works. 

That sounds like very good value to me. I think RPM would have charged double that, they are only an hour from me so might give them a try. 

Edited by Dougle_turbo

1 hour ago, Dougle_turbo said:

That sounds like very good value to me. I think RPM would have charged double that, they are only an hour from me so might give them a try. 

The main reason I gave Porschacare a try out was because I think RPM have become very expensive (£90ph + VAT now I think vs £65ph + VAT at Porschacare). Although I’ve no complaints about RPM per se, the level of personal care from Matt is markedly better. 

I only hope hope he doesn’t become a victim of his own success (as he’s clearly getting busier) and lose that personal touch. 

His facilites aren’t as ‘glossy’ as RPM, but he’s only been in them 3 months and has lots of plans to refurb the garage. 

I also had GT3 front brake cooling ducts fitted (forgot to list them in the original post). 

Edited by Windymiller

4 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

The main reason I gave Porschacare a try out was because I think RPM have become very expensive (£90ph + VAT now I think vs £65ph + VAT at Porschacare). Although I’ve no complaints about RPM per se, the level of personal care from Matt is markedly better. 

I only hope hope he doesn’t become a victim of his own success (as he’s clearly getting busier) and lose that personal touch. 

His facilites aren’t as ‘glossy’ as RPM, but he’s only been in them 3 months and has lots of plans to refurb the garage. 

I also had GT3 front brake cooling ducts fitted (forgot to list them in the original post). 

I really like RPM, their whole offering is very good. But I'd agree with you on the pricing, their menu servicing etc is fine. But they quoted me 8 hrs to fit a pair of pole positions. Couldn't believe it.