Does anyone have a working cayman!! Potential new owner

@Steven Elliott As @Ben says the Zed is a brilliant value performance motor... Imo its better looking than the newer 370z too... Mine is the 313 bhp later HR model with the twin intakes & 7500 rpm redline (& with a few reasonably priced mods will hit 350 brake with no fuss)... It is more of a "brute" & as Ben says "a blunt instrument" compared to the Porker but on track it is evenly matched despite its 1550kg kerb weight... The Zed in full GT form has all the goodies inc a viscous limited slip too... Half the price of a base Cayman... Mine is de-badged Nissan & a few people have unwittingly commented "is that an Aston" lolo 

CH_170425_BH_Cars_Evening_0360g.jpg.6372f636ddf84e167ab46352470b2f81.jpg

Edited by Mavrik

• 2 weeks later...

So I have now test driven a 2.7 and a 350z

i am quite torn tbh honest. The 350 felt much pokier, but I am sure the cayman would be more agile on a circuit. However; the 350 is £10k cheaper 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steven Elliott said:

i am quite torn tbh honest. The 350 felt much pokier, but I am sure the cayman would be more agile on a circuit. However; the 350 is £10k cheaper 😂

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you test drive the twin intake Zed or an older DE model? The Zed has a VLSD as standard & more BHP than the 2.7

If you watched my track clips above you will see that my Zed was actually a tenth quicker than my 3.4S at Brands Hatch GP (I'm pretty sure I could pedal the Cayman round a tad quicker though as it was my 1st time in the Porsche on the GP circuit)

The spec on the Zed is much more generous than most Cayman's but a Porsche is a Porsche & a Nissan is really just a fast Datsun lol... I love my Zed equally however!

45383183_10213061241110691_1982469690227687424_o.jpg.b7fae4be3803426d2923646f4a2b7b9c.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steven Elliott said:

Easily solved, sell a limb and get an S ;) 

I agree with Phil, get yourself a decent 3.4, have it checked out and look after it. It's on another level compared to the Zed!  

I've only seen two Porsches with scored bores and they were both tiptronic 3.6 cars.  Never seen it on a Cayman myself yet, so it's still a very rare occurrence.   

Edited by SpannerMan
  • Like 1