Pdk issues

Daz

Evening all.

Had first issue today with car.

I was stuck in a traffic jam for an hour tonight. When got through the traffic it would not change out of 1st gear. Tried to manual shift, indicator lights showed gear changing but still in first. I then manually changed down and the gearbox changed up. I then pulled over selected P switched off and all back to normal. 

When i got home I left it an hour went back out in car and all ok.

I have never had any issues with the PDK other than when really cold it can be sluggish to change down gear.

Any thoughts. 

I've no real experience with the PDK system but it may be due a gearbox fluid & filter change?

How many miles on the car?

It would seem logical the stop/start traffic situation has contributed... :35_thinking:

24000 mls.  The gearbox oil was changed 3 years ago at 12000mls. Also had a recalibration. 

Car is in for service next week so will see what they suggest.

Did you hold it in D on the brakes for a long time standing still? I think this may overheat the clutch/s. Although I may be wrong, my knowledge of PDK and DSG isnt complete.

I tend to pop my auto Merc into N if I'm sat for a long time, although that's a normal torque convertor auto of course.

I did a bit of both and traffic was stop start. My understanding of PDK is they have clutch which disengages when sitting still. 

Thanks spoke to Garage today and they suggested oil change. I have booked in for service next week. 

Drove car today no problems. Confused 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daz said:

Thanks spoke to Garage today and they suggested oil change. I have booked in for service next week. 

Drove car today no problems. Confused 

----------------------------------------

I would suggest the filter is changed too... Its relatively common for gearbox issues to be sorted just by changing the fluid/oil & the filter... Common on Mercs too...

Mavrik sound like a good idea. Want to make sure it running well before my Europe trip in June. 

• Like 1